Plan, navigate and share your next 4WD, camping or caravanning adventure with Hema Explorer:
• Navigate offline with Australia’s best multi-scale topographic mapping
• Perfect off-road navigation companion with real-time GPS tracking
• Australia-wide 4WD map coverage for exploring 4x4 tracks and trails
• Features over 690,000km of 4WD tracks and 545,000km of unsealed roads
• Use 40,000 points of interest (POI) including campsites, caravan parks, dump points, lookouts, wineries and more, with facility information included to help you plan your trip and see what’s around you
• Generate a route to an address or point of interest using Quick Routing
• Save a log of your trip with track recordings, geotagged photos, waypoints and trip notes
• Backup all your trip data to your free Hema Explorer Cloud account and become a part of an online community of explorers
• Share your trips online with friends and family
YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE AN EXPLORER PRO SUBSCRIPTION* ($49.99 for a year or $9.99 for a month) TO GET ADDITIONAL ACCESS TO NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES:
• The Hema Explorer Map's most detailed map layers - zoom past the app-standard 1:150,000 max scale to an unprecedented topographic scale of 1:10k, Australia-wide
• Government state topographic maps for New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania
• More features for the Hema Explorer Cloud: plan routes, print customised 4WD maps from home and view all facility attributes of every POI
Create your ideal adventure with Hema Explorer’s huge collection of points of interest. Find campsites, caravan parks, and rest areas to stay at during your journey, as well as 24-hour fuel locations, roadhouses, dump points, public toilets, information centres, mechanics, hospitals and more.
Hema Explorer gives you access to the Hema Explorer Map, a multi-scale topographic map that features our entire database of roads and 4WD tracks to guide you anywhere in Australia. With seamless Australia-wide coverage and intuitive map scaling down to 1:150k in the standard version and 1:10k in Explorer Pro, the Hema Explorer Map delivers Australia’s most comprehensive topographic mapping to your mobile device.
Hema Explorer makes navigating your adventure simpler than ever with Quick Routing. Generate a route to a specific address or point of interest to navigate your journey without the guesswork.
Hema Explorer enables you to record your journey with track logs, geotagged photos, waypoints and trip notes, which you can automatically backup to your free Hema Explorer Cloud account. You can then post your trips to the Hema Explorer Cloud trip gallery and share them online, where friends can view them on the Hema Explorer Map or as a 3D slideshow.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*To manage your Explorer Pro subscription:
- You can turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Our Terms & Conditions: http://www.hemamaps.com/Home/Policies/Terms-and-Conditions
**You do not need a SIM Card installed or cellular coverage to utilise the GPS tracking functions on iPad for the app, though a WiFi+Cellular iPad is necessary to discover and track your location. A WiFi-only iPad does not contain the in-built GPS that a WiFi+Cellular iPad does, however external Bluetooth GPS receivers can be purchased for use with a WiFi-only iPad.
Minor updates to support IOS versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Was really good but now terrible
I’ve been using this app for a couple of years now. It used to be good but now, it crashes and shuts down when you try and access maps in settings. It has been this way for at least six months and despite multiple requests to support, this issue still has not been fixed. Spoke with Hema about 3 weeks ago and was told that a fix for this issue was only a day or so away but today, it is still the same. Called Hema today again and they are aware of the issue but said no fix coming soon.
I also use state 1:25k topo maps which I had downloaded previously but now cannot access them and it has been like this for around six months. They told me this issue would be fixed a few weeks back but still hasn’t been.
So today, I asked for a refund of my monthly subscription until it was fixed. Well, the chap I spoke to had no idea who he had to speak to about a refund and would call me back - I’m still waiting.
So if you are looking to purchase, the app has a lot of good features, but it is buggy and crashes and does not work as advertised. Everyone should be asking for a refund.
C’mon Hema, please fix this app.
Not Fixed - Still Broken
Still No.. App Version 3.0.15 on iPad Pro with current IOS. Tap 'Download Map Section' and App still shuts down instantly.
I like the maps. Just want the App to work again.
No.. App Version 3.0.14 still broken on Ipad Pro with current IOS. Tap 'Download Map Section' and App shuts down instantly.
Feb 2020 Latest Update applied - This is still a very broken app. Utter disgrace Hema! The settings button now works again most of the time, but going into the maps available settings and the app shuts down in an instant on some menus. After waiting months with no word from Hema regarding the issues reported originally, an update finally appears and the app is still as useless as before on iPad Pro with latest IOS. What is wrong with you Hema? You were a world leading mapping company. Now your product and customer support are appalling! Don't bother with Hema anymore. They simply don't care.
Yes.. another very disappointed long time Hema user, feeling totally disgusted with an app that has a well known bug and absolutely zero response after a long period of time, from what I previously thought was a great aussie company. Does no-one from Hema ever look here for honest customer feed back? Get your act together Hema. This is very poor service. Does anyone there even care?
Can’t Zoom to what I pay for 😡
Great to have all the Hema maps on my device, but it won’t let me zoom into the detail that I pay for (monthly subscription), and even hitting “restore” on my purchase does nothing ...
Also ... no reason why this app should not be compatible with CarPlay so I can use my car screen, other than Hema wanting to sell their seperate navigation device ...
C’mon Hema ... get this thing working properly (I’m paying you for it!) and make this a more modern experience with CarPlay!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hema Maps Pty Ltd
- 168.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Hema Maps Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Explorer Pro $9.99
- Explorer Pro $49.99
- High Country Victoria $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.