The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.geniatech.eu for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
1:Compatible with iOS13.
2:Support EyeTV 64it eyeconnect's Live TV.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unfortunately automatically upgraded, which I was trying to avoid with debacle of EyeTV v4.0 on Mac. What a mess! Lost ability to access remotely (off network): used this feature all the time to schedule recordings (luckily the country is in lockdown for now, so maybe it will be fixed soon). Viewing live TV continues with sound even if I kill live TV and switch to viewing recordings: have to quit the app and start again. No memory of where I was viewing in recordings (this bug existed before) so need to start again. Change of orientation on iPad mid-display of live TV or recording is hit and miss, with some elements moving, some not, and screen doesn’t always match window. No idea why view window needs to float above list of recordings or guide (new feature that does nothing). Overall, I would recommend earlier version.
My previous review disappeared...
Previous iOS 11 not useable, now in iOS 12, it’s all ago go. Pleased as I’ve used this app for a decade
This application works great! I am using it with a 3GS and 2.16GHz iMac and it works flawlessly. I loved how simple it was to setup the remote interface (i.e. so you can look at liveTV/schedules etc. when your on the road). The only word of warning about using the LiveTV when your not on your local WiFi network is make sure your home internet connection has a decent upload speed, if your upload connection is slow then you can expect fairly poor results (as I did - not EyeTV's fault, just my slow net connection). Having said that, Live TV streaming over local WiFi network looks great.
Now, a few feature requests for the developers. Firstly, improve the "Guide" interface - it would be excellent to have a top level search facility, or even a Menu Bar item to bring up a "Select Day/Date" facility. And secondly, the ability to manually create/enter a record schedule from the top level "Schedule" view. With these two additions I'd happily make it a 5 star review, but at a Ver 1.0, it is EXCELLENT start! Keep up the awesome work - looking forward to the updates!
- SHENZHEN GENIATECH INC.,LTD
- 17.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016-2020 Geniatech Inc.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.