Figure makes it easy to create great-sounding music in seconds.
Create an addictive beat before the barista brings your coffee or lay down a beefy bass line while waiting for the bus to arrive.
Figure is intuitive enough for beginners to make music within seconds, yet deep enough for you to get lost in endless play on a transatlantic flight.
Simply slide your finger across the play pad to record and tweak catchy drumbeats, memorable melodies and fat bass lines. Just bring your inspiration and Figure will help you take care of the rest.
• App Store Hall of Fame Inductee
• App Store Editor's Choice/App of the Week in many countries
“Exceptionally simple to use, and you'll be making music in seconds.” – Music Radar
“Exceedingly fun and easy to use… a deeply involved music-making experience.” – The Verge
“Anyone can craft killer beats with this superbly designed music maker.” – App Store Editor’s Notes
"Figure Music App Is Awesome, Easy to Use" – Wired
"Makes powerful electronic music-making technology accessible to all." – The Guardian
"Music-Making App Lets You Be The Artist" – NPR
• Sounding like a pro has never been this easy.
• Explore the world of music-making with no experience required.
• Create complete songs with drums, bass and lead melodies.
• Compose and experiment by sliding your finger across the play pad.
• Never play a bad note – Figure keeps you in key, and on the beat.
• Add cool and exciting effects to your songs with easy XY-automation.
• Tweak and manipulate your song on the fly.
• Share your original creations to iTunes® library.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
• Play in different keys & modes—set once or change on the fly
• Transform chords into melody lines with arpeggiator
• Tighten or loosen up your beats with Swing
• Add club sound to your tracks with Pump
• Save, browse and load song files
• Set length of loop (1, 2, 4, 8 bars)
• Select Bass & Lead Synth sounds from Reason’s Thor synthesizer
• Huge Drum sounds powered by Reason’s Kong drum machine
• Stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps—see http://audiob.us for more information
• Background audio (in device Settings)
** Requirements: iOS 11 or higher.
• More options to share your songs
• Background audio bug fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing! But I need more
This is the most intuitive easy to use mobile music making app on the market. There are only three things that stops this from being the ultimate mobile sketch pad.
1. Export to midi - the rhythms and compose mode, coupled with the awesome swing/groove settings are so much fun and easy to use it’s an absolute shame you can’t spit out midi to import into a DAW.
2. Sound Packs - the in built sounds are highly useable and with a little bit of tweaking can be very very good. But it’s a shame that you cannot purchase additional sound packs. It seems the obvious add-on and commercially could work right nicely for propellerhead. I’d splurge on new sounds in a heartbeat if the option was available.
3. Pattern mode - to sequence simple pattern changes. Part of the beauty of this app is it’s simplicity. So I wouldn’t want to introduce too much complexity. But man once you have a nice groove created it would be nice to create a simple arrangement with some patterns and scenes.
Please, please, please let us see these features in coming releases. But regardless, this is a killer app. And maybe the best sequencer I’ve come across in any form.
Amazing sketch tool!
Really incredible... The only annoying thing about this is you cannot make tracks longer than 8 bars, and to make a pattern play over the whole song, you'd either have to re-do it every bar, or create a one bar beat, THEN expand the track to 8 bars... The program repeats it for the rest of them.
Otherwise, completely amazing.
This is the year 2019 as I am writing this review and this app still won’t fully function in landscape mode. Yes you can still use the general play area of the drums, bass and lead, but you can’t use any of the controls for these parts as you can do in portrait mode. This has got to be the very first update you guys should do before anything else. I’ve got a 12.9” iPad Pro and this app would be so much better and much more functional and capable if it could be used to its fullest capacity in landscape mode. Any other update without this one is meaningless as this alone would add so much to a pretty good app.
- Propellerhead Software AB
- 109.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Propellerhead Software AB
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.