FileApp is a file and documents manager for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
FileApp reads many files types such as PDF, Microsoft Office documents and plays multimedia contents.
FileApp will let you store files and folders on your iOS device just like Windows Explorer or the Finder on the Mac.
FILE STORAGE & TRANSFER
- USB file transfer to Mac and PC using DiskAid or iTunes File Sharing
- Robust wireless file transfer to computer via Wi-Fi (HTTP, FTP)
- Stores any file sent from any third party app (Mail, Safari...)
- Allows to "Open In..." any compatible app (Pages, Numbers, iBooks...)
- Secure folder protects files when the device is locked with a passcode
DOCUMENTS & FILES
- System-wide Pasteboard - copy text and images, paste them to FileApp to create a file automatically!
- Powerful PDF Editor with annotation, edition, comments and bookmarks support
- Create and edit text files (.txt, .html, .xml … )
- Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all formats supported
- RTF and Plain Text
- iWork documents (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- HTML files
- Safari Web Archives
- ZIP (Uncompress zip archives)
- Send documents via email attachments
- Open attachments from "Mail" app
- Built-in image editor with many filters and enhancements
- Instant image sharing to Twitter & Facebook
- Send multiple images via email attachments
- Import pictures and movies both from Camera Roll and Photo Library
- Take pictures within FileApp
MUSIC & VIDEOS
- Audio (MP3 VBR, AAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV)
- Video (standard iPhone format : H.264, MPEG-4)
- Background, Continuous, Shuffle and Repeat play modes available
- Full AirPlay support
- File encryption with iOS Data Protection
- Passcode to protect FileApp at startup
- Wireless transfer Password if needed
Minor compatibility fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for years however, for a paid app with a paid desktop software (iMazing) one would expect it to have more frequent updates and improvements. Unfortunately not much has changed since it’s inception.
For the developers, could you please consider giving this ageing app some much needed love and attention.
Welcome to Apple
This is a piece of software that rightfully belongs with the operating system for the iPad. It is bizarre that Apple, and most of the other brainwashed Apple fanatics out there believe that the iPad is viable without this software. Yet, for some reason this is part of the aftermarket for the iPad.
As far as it goes this is an adequate bit of software. Mercifully it coordinates with the e-mail apps to allow local storage and viewing of documents, but is quite buggy. The reader crashes regularly, and on one occasion managed to reboot the iPad (an achievement in itself). The free version is bereft of file (re)naming, an essential feature, so is worth the additional couple of dollars for the full version.
Another downside is that the file storage does not appear to be accessible using other apps. Another confusing Apple architecture decision I am led to believe. Sigh. One day the market will catch up.
Does the job, sort of.
I downloaded FileApp ( File Manager ) because Apple iOS (disappointingly) lacks support for the OpenDocument Formats and whilst this application does technically work, the experience is not great... For example, I have found that OpenDocument Spreadsheets (“.ods”) display off-center, and OpenDocument Text (“.odt”) files lack support for most of the formatting.
- DigiDNA SARL
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2018 DigiDNA Sarl
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.