The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft™ Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft™ Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 11 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox, OneDrive, or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve used FD for years on my laptop, but was enjoying the freedom of FD Mobile for easy use on my iPad and phone, syncing via Dropbox. It’s a bit buggy but was okay until randomly corrupting two of my active files today. They no longer open and deliver a ‘not compatible’ message on the app, despite being written in there. A couple of weeks work lost.
Contacting the help desk online was what made my disappointment become anger. The response was little more than ‘wow, sorry, next’. When I pushed for an explanation, they said these things can happen if you copy and paste from other files or emails, even other FD files (as I did). But really it was my fault for not making constant backups, emailing copies to myself after every writing session.
Yes, I have done that in the past when only using my laptop. But I stupidly began to trust their Dropbox management system. And the entire point of FD Mobile was to have one active file that I could work on from multiple devices during each day.
I’d argue a free app can probably do what this does just as unreliably. And without you being made to feel patronised and cheated.
Developer Response ,
Hi Web.bo - We are very sorry for your experience and want to learn more. It is our goal to provide the best possible software and customer service experience. If you wouldn't mind, we ask that you please connect with us directly via email@example.com so that we can assist further with importing files and learn more about your experience with our support department.
I want to love this app — I prefer writing on my iPad and love the dark mode. I love how it helps me focus. However, there’s no ‘save’ functionality — you’re totally dependent on the app’s auto save so you best be emailing yourself a copy every time you hit a landmark because this app WILL crash and will not necessarily save the version YOU want. The *tab* button has suddenly stopped working for some unbeknownst reason and I cannot find a solution anywhere. This is very infuriating as it slows me down immensely to have to tap my screen every time I want to switch from action to character to dialogue. The app is therefore no longer streamlined. What is going on Final Draft??
Developer Response ,
Hi lydzy003 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry you are having trouble with saving and the tab functionality; we want to help. Our tech support team is standing by Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm, pt: www.finaldraft.com/support
It’s pretty good - occasionally the title page gets buggy and when I export by PDF by email I may have 2 to 10 title pages in the received email. Apart from that it sync perfectly by iCloud to my laptop, iPad and iPhone so I can make notate ideas, edit script or having a writing session any where.
Would be good in FB mobile to attach a note in script and then see that attached point in the script and go straight to it without going to tools
I use FB mobile every day many times 😎
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 135.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.