This innovative iPad app helps beginner to intermediate flautists, and is the ideal partner during practice sessions. Place your iPad on a music stand, then run FlutePrac for your flute warm-up, scales and long notes.
There is no navigation within the app that requires you to take your hands off your flute, so FlutePrac makes it easy to:
* Check your posture and embouchure on the screen while you play
* Reinforce learning of notes played with positions on staff and ledger lines
* Adjust pitch with feedback from a chromatic tuner
* See the duration of each long note played
* Track overall time spent in the practice session
FlutePrac was developed by a flautist for flautists, so doesn't have the quirks that you may have experienced in other apps, such as guitar tuners. The algorithm is based on research from the University of Otago, and is both fast and accurate.
Note from developer:
I have previously used this app for myself, and this is its first public release. I have great plans to add many more useful features to FlutePrac, so you might want to download it now while it is still free. Please provide me with feedback on how you use FlutePrac so that I can make it suit more than just my own needs!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Pitch detection algorithm tweaked.
Graphical elements adjusted.
Minor bug fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Andrew Scott
- 437.2 KB
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Andrew E Scott
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.