Australia’s #1 tipping game is back for 2019 with an entirely new native app experience that has been built from the ground up.
Sign up with workmates, family and friends today for some year-round tipping fun.
• Create a tipping competition for all your favourite sports, including AFL, NRL, Super Rugby, EPL, A-League, T20 Cricket and more
• Our brand new dashboard will keep you informed of everything you need to know about your tips across the weekend
• Watch video highlights of your favourite teams and sports as soon as they are available, right from the dashboard
• Use our form guide from right within the tip form to read of on vital stats and other information to help you tip a winner
• The redesigned sign-up experience allows you to sign up and create a competition within seconds
• For an extra challenge, add custom scoring such as perfect round bonuses, joker rounds or penalties for missed tips
• Add Streak or Flexi competitions to your comps for the hard-core fan – how many consecutive tips can you pick in a row? And can you beat the odds?
• Subscribe to alerts and get notifications to ensure you never miss a round
• Get email reminders for weekly results, reminders, or a record of who you tipped each week
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
ESPNfootytips are constantly working to improve the experience of tippers across all sports. This update includes a number of bug fixes and performance improvements including a fix for a minor issue that was causing a crash for a small number of users.
Ratings and Reviews
Not a fan sorry
I usually go through the official AFL app but decided to give ESPN ago again (as an individual not a group comp) after not going through them for 9 years and I’m not impressed to be honest. It is a very, very basic app with out the essentials, which is ok if you’re not really into footy and just wanting to input your tips for your comp and wait for the results at the end of the week, but, I like to check each games score progress throughout which I don’t get on this app.
The official afl app will show live scores throughout the game on your tipping screen (next to each club). This one just tells you who you have tipped, percentage and what quarter the game is up to. If you want live scores you have to google them outside of the app.
It’s also a very basic looking app, I missed my margin input in round 1 because nothing stands out and just bends into the background, I couldn’t see properly where to put my margin in.
I can’t comment on the group competition side as I’m tipping as an individual.
This App really needs a bit more life put into it really, it just looks like a beginner has slapped together an app without much thought.
Make it simple and functional please.
Usually I run a tipping competition on AFLs official app. I have moved my group ESPN footy tipping this year. Most of my group are having difficulty entering the tip and finding out who tipped what. The club logos are so small. The writing and pictures on the adds are very clear and big but the important things are so small and cannot read. There are so much space wasted why can't you increase the text size bigger and the club logos. ( Eg . FOOTY live app. Best screen design )
Sometimes there is a huge add sitting in the middle of the screen!!! annoys the hell. If you want to make money with adds put the adds on the top or bottom of the screen. Not in the middle of the screen😡.
The app freezes almost every time when I go into competitions and then go back to home. Had to close the app and start again.
Please make the app more readable and more user friendly. I would like to give 5 stars but at the moment it only deserves 2
Keeps crashing: UPDATE
I only got to round 3 and was number 1 in my comp when the app would no longer open. I can no longer maintain my number 1 spot in my comp. I’m an embarrassment to my friends now that I’ve fallen behind. Please fix this. UPDATE: an almost instant response to the crashing problem and it has been completely fixed! Pretty good app by the way. UPDATE 2: How can I change the tipping settings that concern when a person forgets to tip??? It won’t let me
Developer Response ,
There was an issue with the app causing it to crash, our latest update provides a fix that will stop your app crashing. Thankyou for your patience.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.