The Foxtel Guide is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you find shows to watch and record them to your Foxtel iQ, iQHD or MyStar — no matter where you are!
• Browse or Search the Foxtel Guide (14 days in advance)
• Record shows to your Foxtel iQ, iQHD or MyStar
• Series Link programs (when available). This allows you to record a whole series rather than just one episode – so you’ll never miss your favourite shows again!
• Watch trailers (when available)
• Get recommendations for shows you might like to watch
• Change channels on your Foxtel iQ or iQHD
• Save channels to your Favourites list
• Set reminders for shows you want to watch
• A Foxtel iQ, iQHD or a MyStar set top box and a Foxtel Online Account are required for Remote Record and a Foxtel iQ or iQHD Change Channel feature. If you don’t already have a Foxtel Online Account, you can create one by tapping “Register” in the Log In screen (then just follow the prompts).
• Your iOS device must be running on firmware version 6.0 or later.
For more help and information please get in contact with us at http://community.foxtel.com.au/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Well designed but with a small flaw
I think that the Guide is really worth 4 1/2 stars. The reason it is not a five star rating is because it is often difficult to tell whether a program, as listed, is standard definition or high definition. The difference is important because unless you have paid the additional money for high-definition in your contract, you will be unable to record such programs even though the recording has actually been confirmed in the Guide.
Remedy: Insert 'HD' beside the listing in the Guide. (NB: Foxtel does this at times, but inconsistently.)
Searching could be better
Love this app, it 2 things could make it even better. An option to be able to cancel a recording via the app instead of having to do it on the tv, and more importantly the inclusion of a planner so we can see on hand what is set for recording re time and date, as I have to check the tv all the time not to record at the same time as others are set to record, or they fail. Should be able to do it all from the app, especially if not at home.
Long running series or events .
Works well but programs ie sporting events that run for a week or so ,like snooker for example it will not do a series record so everyday you have to chase it up and manually record . Programs that finish recording with two laps of a race still to go etc are really frustrating as you cannot add the extra time from the app . All in all it is handy being able to program away from home .
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.