Fraction Basics is now part of the Zapzapmath Home family!
This video app teaches you the core concepts of fractions in 12 animated videos featuring Zapzapmath's Mathlings.
This video app is divided into the following parts listed below to help you build a strong foundation in fractions:
1. Understanding Fractions
• Numerator, denominator of a fraction & proper fractions
• The meaning of fractions
• Improper fractions & mixed fractions
2. Improper & Mixed Fractions
• Proper fractions & improper fractions
• Convert an improper fraction to a mixed fraction
• Convert mixed fractions to improper fractions
3. Equivalent Fractions
• What are equivalent fractions?
• Examine equivalent fractions visually (by multiplication)
• Reasoning behind equivalent fractions
• Can we get equivalent fractions by addition or subtraction?
4. Adding Fractions
• Introduction: Quick recap on fractions
• Basics behind adding fractions with like denominators
• Basics behind adding fractions with unlike denominators
• Example on adding fractions with unlike denominators
5. Adding Fractions Examples
• Example 1: Adding a whole number with a proper fraction
• Quick way of adding for Example 1 above
• Example 2: Adding a mixed fraction with a proper fraction (Like Denominators)
• Example 3: Adding a mixed fraction with a proper fraction (Unlike Denominators)
6. Subtracting Fractions
• Introduction: The idea behind subtracting fractions
• Visually examine how the subtraction works
• Example 1: Subtracting two fractions with unlike denominators
• Example 2: Subtracting a proper fraction with a mixed fraction
7. Multiplying Fractions
• Example 1: Multiplying two proper fractions
• Examine how multiplying fractions work in Example 1
• Example 2: Multiplying two fractions & simplifying the result
8. Multiplying Fractions Examples
• Example 1: Simplify before multiplying two proper fractions
• Example 2: More on simplifying fractions before multiplying
• Example 3: Multiplying two mixed fractions
9. Dividing Fractions
• Example 1: Dividing two proper fractions
• Examine the ideas behind dividing fractions in Example 1
• Example 2: Another example on dividing fractions
10. Dividing Fractions Examples
• Example 1: Dividing two proper fractions
• Example 2: Dividing a proper fraction with a mixed fraction
• Converting the mixed fraction to an improper fraction before dividing
• Example 3: Dividing two mixed fractions
11. Convert Fraction to Percent
• Converting two fifths to percent
• Examine the percentage when the numerator is increased
• A quicker way of converting two fifths to percent
12. Convert Decimal to Fraction
• Analyze the fraction, one half
ZAPZAPMATH HOME ALL ACCESS PASS
► Unlock all Fraction Videos with your All Access Pass
► Go beyond Fractions - your All Access Pass unlocks all content for Zapzapmath Home grades K through 6 too!
Fraction Basics is brought to you by ZapZapMath, a trusted name in educational games.
ZAPZAPMATH’S SUBSCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
► Up to three accounts per subscription
Your subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renewal is disabled at least 24 hours before the subscription expires.
Renewals cost the same as the original subscription, and payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon renewal confirmation.
You may turn off auto-renewal at any time after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings, but refunds will not be given for any unused portion of the term.
The price above is for U.S. customers. Pricing in other countries may vary, and charges may be converted to your local currency. Please refer to our:
- Fixed bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever. Sometimes fractions are so hard to understand but this app explain things so easy, basics and much more! Now my son will excel at fractions thanks to this app. Love it.
Best app ever serious it will make you better than a nerd without being one
Perfect app for learning fractions! :)
Helped pass my Fractions test :)
- Visual Math Interactive Sdn Bhd
- 180.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Visual Math Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Zapzapmath Home - Monthly $7.99
- Zapzapmath Home - Yearly $62.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.