The #1 French English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“This app is a godsend! I love that it has a fairly large standard dictionary, verbs, phrases, AND pronunciations!”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and web sites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
“Great App! I've tried several apps… this is the best one I found so far. After trying the free version, I purchased the Extended Dictionary and Phrasebook.”
“Very helpful. This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
French Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Translator Dictionary + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive French English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Translator Dictionary + now and start learning French or English today!
- French English Dictionary with over 504,000 offline entries for free, over 748,000 with Premium.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of French nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,438 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in French or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch version with voice lookup.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
• French Canadian words and expressions
• French Internet slang
• Romantic words and expressions
• French idioms
Added 2,612 translations of verb infinitives.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email email@example.com
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very useful but room for improvement
Although I haven’t been using the app very much of late, returning to it I have found it to be another useful adjunct to my resources. I would like to see a wider range of phrases added to the paid version and the ability to copy phrases when selecting them to ‘speak’. I can’t be sure, but I think I spotted some oddities in the English phrases. Well priced so recommended.
Quite good but limited
I thought this dictionary was quite good until I read a French story with some unfamiliar words. Not a single one of them is in this doctionary and they are not obscure or colloquial.
My other reservation is with the quiz. It's a great concept but for two things: firstly, a large percentage of the words are almost identical to English, or the same, which kind of defeats the purpose. Secondly, for others you struggle to make a connection, or else have to second-guess which meaning they have in mind for a word, and sometimes there are two possibilities.
On a very positive note, the verb conjugation section is excellent and the app is worth having for that alone.
Mixed up prononciation
Sometimes when I click pronounce on the French words, it mixed up & pronounces in English (the woman’s voice) and I have to click 2-3 times until the correct voice i.e. French pronunciation finally appears
Update (Aug 2019) this is the worst paid app I have ever purchased (bought it 4 years ago) it used to be much better, now beside the above problem, the app often crash, so annoying when I’m at class and needed to use it, most of the time I can’t access it, I’m now using the FREE app called WR (wordreference) app. This vidaligua app a total rip off
Developer Response ,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Marc, so I can make sure we resolve this issue?
Marc Bolh, CEO Vidalingua
- Ascendo Inc.
- 43.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ascendo
- In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary $7.99
- Extended Phrase Book $4.49
- Extended Verb Conjugator $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.