Grow-Your-Own with the gardening app with details on over 90 favourite vegetables and herbs.
The planting calendar shows what you can grow at any time – localized to your climate zone.
Detailed plant descriptions and growing tips gets novices up to speed.
Packed full of features for experienced gardeners - add new plant varieties, record planting dates, harvest dates, notes, and more. Export your data as spreadsheet files.
Expert or new gardener, Gardenate will help keep your garden growing.
Get started quickly
• Choose your climate zone. Gardenate has climate-zone specific planting calendars for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, and the USA
• See what is best to grow this month in the calendar
• Put plants into your wish list
• Plant the seed and record the details in My Garden
• Calendar reminders prompt you to harvest your produce
• Enjoy your garden!
Grow what you like best
• Add your preferred varieties to the plant list
• Hide unwanted plants so they don’t show in the calendar
• Watch the calendar adapt to show your chosen planting months
Share your garden
• Share your garden to your other phones and devices and they keep in sync. Let the whole family join in the gardening
• Export your plantings and notes to spreadsheet (CSV) files to use on your desktop
All information is contained in the app and no internet is needed unless you choose to sync your garden with other devices.
You can now add photos to 'My Garden' entries!
Includes updated planting information for various country/climate zones.
Improved list appearance for large-text-size users and general tidy up of the plant details page display.
Ratings and Reviews
Very easy to use.
This is a fantastic app, I have had veggie gardens for years and my wife bought it for me and I first thought it a bit of a gimmick, but after using it I am a fan. Gives you quick reference notes and I love the fact you can note down what you have planted and when and in the notes you write things like what garden you planted it in etc. I also use the notes to record my rain fall. Highly rate this app.
ESSENTIAL VEGETABLE PLOT APP
I refer many people to Gardenate as I find it essential in planning. It’s also good for school students to have a kitchen garden project.
Everything is there, including a companion planting guide for each plant, spacing, even what not to plant.
It isn’t a one size fits all as you can put in your zone settings & put in the details for your garden for the season such as when you plant each vegetable.
Within each plant is a colour-coded system for seed raising, planting and harvesting. You can also personalise these. It’s well worth investigating what this app can do.
Well done to the developer! Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without it.
No upgrade facility
The new version is good, with the same functionality as the previous version. However, although you can share My Garden entries across multiple devices, but there is no ability to import My Garden entries from the previous version. Quite disappointing.
20 October 2021. Thanks for the quick response ;-) As mentioned in my original review, none of the details in the My Garden section were imported with the upgrade. It is completely empty, so I had no record of what I had planted and when.
Developer Response ,
Data is retained across app upgrades. What was lost when you updated the app?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.