Geocaching is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure.
A multi-cache involves two or more locations. Clues guide the geocacher from location to location. Sometimes these clues involve a puzzle, some calculations (e.g. on text or using roman numbers) or projecting a new waypoint using distances and bearings. Sometimes the calculations are easy, but this toolkit can help when calculations become tedious while out there in the field.
This geocaching toolkit can help you using the following features:
- Conversion of degrees, minutes and seconds to other formats
- Conversion between WGS84 and UTM coordinates
- For my Dutch friends the RD coordinates are included
- Also the Swiss grid is supported
- Show the entered Latitude/Longitude using the iPhone map application
- Project a waypoint by specifying distance and bearing
- Calculate distance and bearing between two waypoints
- Intersect two lines using two waypoints and bearings
- Intersect two circles using two waypoints and distances
- Calculate the sum of the character values in one or more words
- Choose between a=1, b=2 etc., the inverse a=26, b=25 etc. or the phonepad abc=2, def=3 etc.
- Also calculate the sum of all digits of the result
- Repeat summation of digits until 1 digit remains
- Decrypt encrypted hint text to plain text
- Convert between roman numbers and decimal values and vice versa
Fixed: ä = 27, ö = 28, ü = 29, ß = 30.
Ratings and Reviews
For the price it's a bargain
Downloaded this app yesterday and used it two of its functions this morning to help with finding one multi and one puzzle cache. It performed very well. Given our love of puzzle caches I can see this app will be well used, and seeing it's free that adds up to five stars in my book.
Really not sure ...
I downloaded this app over a year ago, hoping it would help solve multis, substituting numbers for letters.
But no. Cant figure out ANY use for this app. It's rare to have to switch between decimals & minutes/seconds, so that's useless. I know my roman numerals, so that's pointless.
Frankly the app us pointless and useless, unless I'm seriously missing something (in which case it still deserves one star for being non-intuitive).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.