GIF Brewery by Gfycat gives everyone the power to create stunning GIFs from video files. It’s simple, powerful, intuitive to use--and now it’s free.
START WITH A VIDEO
• Make a screen recording
• Record from your webcam or iOS device
• Import a video file
EDIT LIKE A PRO
• Resize and crop video
• Set desired frame rate, or manually set frame count and frame delay
• Apply image filters like Color Correction or famous photo filters like Transfer and Noir
• Add multiple captions or overlay images
SAVE AND SHARE
• Easily save to your computer, share to iMessage or Mail
• NEW: GIF Brewery now enables easy in-app uploading to Gfycat!
Praise for previous GIF Brewery releases:
• 9to5Mac: "GIF Brewery 3 brings a polished animated GIF-creating experience to the Mac"
• MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
• Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
• The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
• Buzzfeed article: "... impress your friends and win the hearts of many with your GIF-making prowess!"
* Screen recording now will now not be quite as forgetful of your previously used settings.
* Fix bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Update: latest version has resolved issues. This is a superb piece of gif making software. Older computers will struggle with some settings but by leaving off “optimize gif colors” it should be fast and reliable.
The user interface is defintely much nicer but the performance is poor. My ancient 2009 MBP happily runs version 2.3.5 but when I jumped to version 3 gifs take much longer to process and it often hangs or crashes. I’ve given up using the new version and returnd to version 2.
Does everything you want. Best way to edit gifs that I’ve found ;)
Screws up all the colors
No matter what settings I try it washes all the colors in my screen recordings, and drops some lines on the screen.
Original file has the perfect quality.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.