Take your music lessons to the next level with Giraffe Music. Instantly generate random notes, rhythms, scales and more to use in music lessons or practice. No more scribbled staves - generate musical examples and activities at the touch of a button.
• Five modes covering note recognition, rhythms, note names, scales and intervals
• Hear everything back with the Playback feature
• Built-in metronome
• Customisable for any ability level
• Designed by music teachers and tested with students of all ages
== For Music Teachers ==
Giraffe Music fits into your teaching style. Use it for examples and exercises, quizzes, games, and as a demonstration tool. It's fast and flexible so you can focus on teaching.
== For Music Learners ==
Use Giraffe Music to test yourself and improve your skills at home. Features include playback to check your answers, as well as timers, a metronome and pitch reference keyboard.
== FEATURES ==
• Start the timer and see how fast you can name and play the notes
• Choose the clef, range, and accidentals
• Choose to restrict to spaces (e.g. FACE) or lines (e.g. EGBDF)
• Use whole notes (semibreves) or quarter notes (crotchets)
• Generate random two-bar rhythms in 4/4 or 3/4 time
• Choose which note lengths and rest types are available
• Hear each rhythm played back, and keep time with the built-in metronome
• Enable Syncopated Rhythms for more advanced rhythms
• "Beach", "Cabbage" and hundreds of other words containing musical letters
• Choose available letters and word lists (including Animals and Countries)
• Tap a letter to hear it, or listen to the whole word
• Perfect for activities with beginner students
• Choose from Major, Harmonic, Melodic or Natural Minor scales
• See and hear each scale ascending and descending
• Change the clef, disable key signatures, and see piano fingering
• Hide the notes to test your memory
• See random melodies generated on our "Mega Staff"
• Can you recognise the intervals fast enough to play the melody?
• Hear the melody back and check your answer
• Choose from intervals up to a 10th
== PLUS ==
• Easily accessible on the Home screen
• Change tempo quickly with shortcut buttons or by swiping
• "Tap tempo" button matches your tempo
Pitch Reference Keyboard
• Get a pitch without leaving the app
• Perfect for singers
• Transposition available
• Bb and Eb transposition built in
• Tap the blue transposition button on the home screen
• Affects audio playback on every mode
Now Available on iPhone and iPad
== ABOUT ==
Giraffe Music is developed by Joe McEvilly, a musician, music teacher and app developer from Melbourne, Australia.
I'd love to hear how you use Giraffe Music in your teaching or learning. Send feedback and comments to email@example.com
Spread the word about Giraffe Music! Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/giraffemusiceducation
Ratings and Reviews
All-in-one music teaching app
This app has everything a music teacher needs to get their students recognising notes and rhythms, for every ability level.
The word randomiser is perfect for helping beginner students to explore their instrument and introduce them to musical notes. Then the note randomiser can be quite a challenge for higher ability students and really can test sight reading abilities. As a singer myself, having the power to tap any note and hear it played back is exactly what I need for my students lessons and my own practice.
I cannot recommend this app enough - it saves so much time in lessons and will transform your teaching!
Excellent, versatile music teaching App
I've been using this app ever since it came out and am lost without it. My students are so engaged and request to use it every week. Each category delivers a variety of exercises to cater for different levels. Not only is this app great for piano but it is also excellent for anyone studying music theory. The playback feature is also great for singers who are looking to improve their pitch and theory skills. Definitely recommend to both piano and singing students as well as teachers!
Great app for music teachers!
This is a really useful teaching aid for music teachers. The app design is great and the layout is visually appealing.
I have used this app as a piano teacher to help improve my students reading ability as well as their understanding of scales and rhythms.
In particular I find the 'Interval Randomiser' activity to be an innovative new way of improving my piano students ability to sight read well, and can help get them away from reading simply the 'finger numbers' and onto reading music!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.