Discover stories that matter to you, from readers like you. Goodreads is the world's largest community of readers.
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read. Goodreads is a free service for book tracking, recommendations and reviews.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "Want To Read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Book cover and barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review books you read.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
This release contains several bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
its an amazing app BUT
its an amazing app BUT i hate how you can’t have ratings like 4.25 or 4.5 or 4.75 etc. i think that would be very helpful because sometimes it’s very hard to put a book into 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars you need an in-between! also i think the recommendations tab/page needs an update the layout is very old fashioned and the books it recommends you are based on a weird algorithm, i hardly like any of the books i get recommended. also maybe you could allow us to make our own sub-folders under the ‘want to read’ section eg. ‘really want to read’ or whatever. also ofc if there was a section/folder marked as never finished so the book wouldn’t be counted as ‘read’ or ‘want to read’ but simple ‘never finished’. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL! also ofc re-reading the app doesn’t deal too well with that, the dates get switched up and i have to enter the dates manually also if you could give a book 2 (or more ratings) for each reread eg. if i read a book in 2016 and gave it 2 starts then read it again in 2020 and gave it 4 stars, it doesn’t let you keep both ratings it just keeps the most recent one so PLEASE FIX THIS, and also i hate how you can’t have a book in ‘want to read’ AND ‘read’
Good but glitches
The app is great overall for tracking books read, and want to read etc, but there are a few glitches I’d love if developers could fix!
Firstly, there are errors when updating the dates read. The date it shows in my “read” bookshelf, and thus orders them, is based on the date I entered it and doesn’t update based on when I edit the dates read. So if I forget to enter a book as I’m reading it, then I add it later and edit the dates read, it still shows in my bookshelf as the date I added it rather than my selected dates read.
Secondly a bunch of books have all of a sudden converted into different languages. I get having different listings/editions for different languages, but books I added to my want to read that were in English now aren’t. Not sure how that’s managed to happen, I ended up searching (with difficulty) and finding the English version again to add, but it just is very strange! I see others have commented on this too, so definitely a wider issue.
The app for every bookworm, but it definitely needs a few improvements.
I use Goodreads every single day and it’s just overall amazing.
Some of the things that would be great if it was added in the app though:
- An edit and delete option for statuses in this mobile version. You can only do this with a computer and it’s quite a handful to switch on to my laptop only to edit or delete a status because of a typo I’ve written on it with my phone.
- Can you please please please make it easier to add gifs/images or book/author links in reviews, especially in the mobile version?
- Having bold, italic and underline buttons when writing a review would help a lot. Seriously. I despise using “” for bold and “” and all the other stuff.
- The ability to add exclusive shelves and other types of shelves in the mobile app would be cool. I’m pretty sure you can only do this with the computer too.
If these features were added I’m pretty sure more bibliophiles would use this app. I have a friend who loves books as much as I do but using the app is way too confusing for her. Otherwise, I love this app! It made me read a lot more and it’s really useful for keeping track of my reads and ratings.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Goodreads, Inc
- 69.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010 - 2023 Goodreads Inc.