Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favourite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
– Zoom Views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
– Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
– Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
– Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
– Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
– Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
– Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
– Art Recognizer – Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
– Notifications – subscribe to receive updates on the top arts and culture stories
– Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
– Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
– Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google Account in order to store users' favourites and preferences
– Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognised and related information to be access while offline
• Fresh new icons and stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
If the only reason you’re downloading this app for the face match feature, leave. This app is great and offers incredible articles and great ways to discover art pieces and artists all for free. It also is a great educators tool for allowing students to learn about art culture. It is not some fun thing for you to exploit to join in on the social media craze. It’s wonderful and I hope you download it and increase you can expand your personal knowledge.
Add renaissance drawings and split view capabilities please
Would like to see more high quality digitised versions of old master drawings, the current google art collection is lacking in such great and fine pieces of old....
Enabling spilt view capability and night view theme alternatives would be a wonderful and useful feature for users and will be welcome updates!
More options such as searching and filtering by art movement/culture/time period categories will also be welcome function updates ie, impression, renaissance, 1700s, europe/asia/africa etc or even by specific countries or broad styles ie, traditional european/Asian /indian etc...
Thank you, hope to see more future content additions and enhancements and really hope for those feature/function additions updates for a better and more enjoyable ux!
I downloaded this app in search of the portrait matching feature. Though, I was pleasantly surprised with all of the apps other features. I will continue to use this app because of those features, but since I am in Australia the portrait matching feature is not available to me! A five star app if you add this feature to other countries. I wonder if it will be available soon. If you can get back to me that would be great. Cheers
- Google LLC
- 122.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.