The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts and reviews
• Flights and hotels
• Videos and images
• News, shares information and more
• Anything that you’d find on the web
Get personalised updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies and events
• Know as soon as your favourite artists release new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, straight from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension – Search and share restaurants, GIFs and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension – While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content – no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard – access Google Search, straight from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more – straight from your keyboard, in any app. Tap 'Gboard' in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget – find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic, some crashing issues
It’s my go to app for searching on my phone, quick, easy and clean. It looks and works much more effectively than the default safari app on all iPhones. My only problem is with the constant crashing I’ve been experiencing, the app begins to become slow, freezing for short moments until it goes black and takes me to the home screen. I’m not sure if I’m the only one, or it might just be my phone since it is a few years old now.
Despite this I still highly recommend it for all iPhone users.
Google is a gem, yes. But I cannot find a "support" section for the app. I would like to be able to delete the "Trending" section of this app. Google used to be a remarkable search engine, but now the interface includes rubbish that is "trending", as well as news that no-one needs. News is easy to delete, but how do we delete the "trending" nonsense? I do not need anyone to tell me what my searches should contain.
And if anyone knows where to find support for the Google app, please could they tell me?
A later date: The “trending” items are bothersome. What is “trending” for a dimwit might not be trending for university graduates. Why can we not be allowed to decide for ourselves what we need to know? Two stars for the newly ridiculous Google.
Little bit annoying
I used to really like using this app but recently there has been some updates...
1) Every time you open my google app it instantly opens a fresh home page.
Also every time I click a link; for example, I search something on google and click the link to the page, it opens a new page leaving the previous search page in the past, or in the windows icon at the bottom.
I don’t need the search screen saved...
I can just click return.
Leading me onto 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼
2) There are two return buttons, one takes you back to the previous screen and one takes you all the way back to the searched page!!!!
So highly irritating, it took me so long to get the hang of it and honestly I feel like it was a somewhat useless update.
I understand how it could be useful if you got hella deep into a search hole. But there has to be a better way... so you know that you are about to make a move all that will take you all the way back to square one.
- Google LLC
- 212.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.