***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event ***** Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, comets, constellations, galaxies and more by simply pointing to the sky. Your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky. Go outside and explore with GoSkyWatch Planetarium.
***** Featured on ABC's "The View"
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
No in-app purchases! One download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We don't think you should pay twice for the same app on a bigger screen.
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specially for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — Information pops up on screen as you move. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distinguishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy since your finger doesn't hide what you are trying to identify.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• On screen object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Light adjustment for viewing conditions
• Red light mode for night vision
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, comet, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, comet, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Many more enhancements to come as free updates.
* See web site for video demo
- iOS updates
Ratings and Reviews
Best simple star gazing app ever!
It must be over 8 years since I downloaded this app, and this is still my favourite. I love the way the constellations are overlaid over the stars, and the info I can pull up is great.
It's ok for most uses but…
…it becomes a bit antiquated, since there are not many changes coming through. It's also not clear how I can change the view. I'm somehow stuck on the "circular view", which I must've triggered somehow, and I can't fathom how to change it back.
It'd be nice if the app could consider local weather so that it'd better tell me what I see and what not.
I don't usually write reviews but this one deserves one. This app is unbelievable how detailed it is. It can have you intrigued for hours. I consider myself a novice to intermediate stargazer as I've only been serious about it for a year or two but all the info you want is so easy to get. Night mode helps preserve my night vision and I can find out stuff with one hand. It is actually so cool now covet my iPhone and I feel like a kid again with a secret device that can do anything. Seriously, cool is all I can say. Best app I ever seen. Even my wife who doesn't care for astronomy was blown away and saying "Wow!!!". So glad I took a chance on this one!
- GoSoftWorks Development Co.
- 102.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 GoSoftWorks Development Co.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.