Attainment has been making augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) tools for 25 years. Our experience is front and center in GoTalk NOW, a flexible, easy-to-use, yet powerful app for people who have difficulty speaking.
NOW combines the simplicity of GoTalks (Attainment’s popular original AAC device) with the dynamic capabilities of an iPad. GoTalk NOW has all the essentials of an effective AAC app, like adjustable page layouts, customizable navigation, recorded and text-to-speech capabilities, and an included symbol set. But we sweated the details to create unique and compelling features that clearly separate NOW from other AAC apps.
The new NOW offers three styles of communication pages: Standard, Express, and Scenes. In Standard pages, the action occurs when the location is pressed. In Express pages, recorded or text-to-speech messages build in a speech bar and play in sequence when the bar is pressed. Scene pages are built around a single photo or image. When you arrange invisible hotspots over people or objects in the photo, the hotspots play speech, music, or videos! Feel free to mix and match pages within a communication book.
Create as many communication books as you need, each with unique settings and unlimited pages. Then share these books with other users via WiFi, and back them up for safekeeping via Dropbox or any Mac/PC. Envision the impact of blending video, music, and jump to actions among your pages. How cool is it to have your own private online galley to store and save your templates (up to five communication pages) for free, and to email these templates to parents and colleagues! Plus, GoTalk NOW is a full-feature scanning app!
• Choose 1, 2, 4, 9, 16, 25 or 36 locations per page.
• Use images from your iPad camera, photo library, or the Imagine Symbol set.
• Search the Internet in-app for the perfect image or icon.
• Purchase SymbolStix or Widgit Symbols libraries in-app.
• Crop, scale, or rotate an image using your fingers.
• Combine multiple images in a single communication location.
• Color pages, borders, and text with any hue.
• Move and size text with your fingers so it feels just right.
• Record your voice or use our free text-to-speech voice.
• Buy higher quality voices for only 99 cents each, available in over 20 languages.
• Add spoken labels (auditory cues) to any button. Great for scanning, guiding visually impaired users, and identifying any new or difficult vocabulary.
• Trim videos in-app, and play them from any communication location.
• Select our alternate video interface to pause or exit the video easily.
• Link songs from your playlist to any communication location and control them with Pause/Play, Next, and Previous.
• Include a core vocabulary button for extra quick access to important messages.
• Create multimedia social stories and step-by-step instruction layouts by linking pages with an after action.
• Share complete communication books via WiFi with any iPad user who has NOW.
• Back up communication books via Dropbox or to any Mac or PC for safekeeping.
• Store and share interactive templates (each including speech, video, text, and jump to links) on our online gallery for free.
• Download and edit premade templates from Attainment’s collection on the public gallery, also free.
• Email links to your templates to parents and colleagues, who can open the template on their iPad by tapping on the link.
• Print and save communication book layouts via PDFs.
• Access Now with single or two-switch scanning.
GoTalk NOW participates in Apple's Volume Purchasing Program for Education in the United States.
Attainment is well known for top-notch customer service. Email us with questions or comments and check our website for free webinars. And yes, we're happy to talk to you on the telephone!
New in 5.0.2
• Fixed a bug affecting the display of buttons in the Express Bar.
• Fixed some display issues.
New in 5.0.0
• New Core Word Books are now available as free downloads. These Core Word books are a field-tested strategy to begin teaching English language to students. You can choose a layout to start from and build your communication book.
• New Templates are available to use with Attainment curricula. These communication pages are designed to enhance classroom participation when paired with lessons from Attainment’s curricula.
• We’ve updated the app with a new, modern look.
• Bug fixes and improvements throughout.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Save messages. Please!
I am impressed by the Go Talk Now app and have prepared a 20 page book for use with my 30 year old son who has autism. I am wondering if anyone has ever requested the ability to review messages written from express pages? A "sticky" page to save messages to would be a tremendous addition to this app.
Also, some of us might want to use your keyboard page to write short paragraphs and save these.
The saved messages page should be the size of a regular page, maybe even be able to be scrolled down. It would make Go Talk far more useful for AAC users with autism who are moving from PECS to an iPad.
Otherwise, I love the range of symbol and picture library options available in GoTalk, the inclusion of scenes pages and the ease with which a communication book can be built and shared. The synthesised voices are of excellent quality.
- Attainment Company, Inc.
- 212.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Attainment Company
- In-App Purchases
- Alice $1.49
- Alyona $1.49
- Ania $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.