Coaching AFL is challenging, so many players to manage, team set ups, balancing player game time, developing player skills, communicating to the team and parents, it’s almost a full time job. Great Coach AFL has all a coach needs to ease managing their team with player profiles, player match ups, interchange planning, player time management, statistics and scores, through to match reports and detailed statistics analysis.
Great Coach AFL has been designed for coaches of all levels with:
• Plan team positional set ups for each quarter, now including opposition team match ups
• Plan player rotations at set times in the game with a new editor with lots great time saving features
• New Formation editor - design your team line ups just the way you want them with 9,12,15,16,18 players
• New unlimited bench - select as many players as you need
• Scoring and statistics - even faster to collect player and team and opposition statistics
• Player rotations are easier to manage in match with new rotations screen
• Player import load all your player details at once
• Monitor player game time with alerts if players fall under minimum game time
• Use the ‘Coach’s Clipboard’ to give you notes quarter by quarter to address the players at breaks
• Review player game and team statistics
• Customisable statistics location screens - visualise where goals are being scored, where turnovers are happening
• Review the entire season’s statistics performance
• Manage team, game fixture, matches, players and team contacts
• Competitions feature - organise your practice matches, finals & home and away matches and statistics
• Game Fixture import - import all your games at ones
• In-game review of statistics and scoring, easier undo features
• Easy to access preference panel - change display and alert preferences
• Send match reports via e-mail from your iPad with scores, goal kickers, best players and the coach’s summary
• New detailed match reports with a timeline of all scores
• All new design looks great and support portrait and landscape
Improvements and bug fixes
• Improves formatting of Game Plan / Player interchange report - better formatting across pages in PDF.
• Fixes issue in stats board editor - statistics boards names and descriptions not always being updated.
• Fixed issue formation display issue in formation editor.
• Fixed visual glitch in Statistics Table when adding/removing statistics.
Ratings and Reviews
Hey guys. This is a great program. Easy to use. Stats are great to show the team how they are going. My only suggestion would be to add an attendance tracker for training and a training format in list form to catch kpis for player development and improvements. Well done.
Developer Response ,
Good to hear you're enjoying the Great Coach AFL. Love to hear any of suggestions to improve Great Coach AFL.
Hard to learn. Hard to use.
My initial review was a bit critical. This app is not intuitive to learn. A bit frustrating. After I spent a day (literally a full day) playing around with it, I almost have it figured out. It’s a big learning curve. The instructions are Ok, but you will be guessing a lot until you get used to it. Instructions like, “Tap on the games button”, without showing which of the many hieroglyphs on the screen is the games button, are useless. Please put a pic of the button in the instructions.
There is no back button if you make a mistake. Please put an undo button in, and make it an unlimited undo.
Things are initially hard to find. Screens hidden deep within other screens. It’s like a treasure hunt trying to find the screen you need.
You need a save button, especially when the game is playing. I had to finish a game early but couldn’t find a way to end the game without deleting everything.
I know you have the bar under the player indicating game time, but I would find it handier to have dots. If I divide each quarter into 3 for rotations, that gives me 12 periods. 12 dots under each name, each dot relating to a rotation period, instead of a bar would show me how many periods that player has been off for, and when. The bar is not as accurate. At the moment, when setting up rotations you have to go back through each game screen to see when they were last rotated and how much time they have spent on the bench.
Overall, after the learning curve, I like it.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you had such a bad starting experience. Our tutorial videos on our website should get you going (http://www.ignitedsoftware.com/products/great-coach-afl/tutorial/ ). It covers setting up your team, planning rotations, playing a match and using the reports and statistics features.
We have had 1000's of people using Great Coach AFL and added lots of functions since our first release in 2012 so there is a lot of features in the app.
Certainly take your feedback on our user's guide and will include icons of the buttons. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.