Flexible access to participating gyms across Australia.
With GymBetter®, you can visit the gym and pay as you go with a single-visit GymBetter pass to use at any gym in our network.
We’ve teamed up with participating gyms across Australia to offer single-use passes.Medibank a Medibank health insurance members get a discount on the cost of a GymBetter pass (excludes ahm covers)
How it works:
1. Join Gym Better – get the free App now
2. Find a gym
3. Buy a pass in the app
4. Check in at the gym and work out – you can even join a fitness class!
- You choose where: Near home, near work, or even on holiday!
- Pay as you go: Only pay for what you use.
- Free gym pass: If you register for GymBetter from 1 October 2015, get a free pass to use at any of our participating gyms within 7 days of registering
Who can use GymBetter?
- You don’t have to be a Medibank member to take advantage of GymBetter, although Medibank health insurance members get a discount on every gym visit.
- The GymBetter app requires internet connection.
- Gyms can only be accessed during staffed hours. You can find a list of available hours per gym in the app.
- You will need to successfully complete all the questions in our Health and Fitness questionnaire in order to register for GymBetter.
- You have to be aged 16 years and older to register for GymBetter. Users between 16 and 18 years get limited access to the GymBetter network. Users 18 years and older have more access to the GymBetter network subject to the gyms’ terms and conditions.
We’re proudly Australia’s leading private health insurer, covering over 3.9 million people. We stand for better health for all Australians.
Stay fit on your terms. All part of Generation Better.
You told us about some annoying bugs, and we fixed them. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
“Could not connect to GymBetter Serverices”
Great concept. Great rates. Great to see a health fund support fitness. BUT...
App continually (as in every time it’s used) states that I am not eligible for a discount, even though my Medibank number is saved. This requires me to delete my number and re-instate every time. Annoying but a 1 min workaround.
Also annoying is the app continually wants me to rate the gym I’ve been to. Even when I’ve already rated it. Come on already.
But today I got the message “Could not connect to GymBetter Serverices”. Refreshes repeatedly, no update in App Store, tried on another Apple device. No luck. iOS at latest version. So no gym visit for me.
Get this sorted and you’ll deserve a 4-star rating. 5 stars if you fix the error message spelling mistake.
Broken or not recognising phone
When I start the app it says doesn’t operate on jailbroken phone. My phone is definitely not jailbroken.
iPhone 8+ version 11.1.2
Would love to be able to see what this app can do for me...
Looking forward to trying it out. No problems so far
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review and we hope that you enjoy using GymBetter. If you need a hand with anything, don’t hesitate to email us at GymBetter@medibank.com.au. Thanks - Dave
- Medibank Private Limited
- 32.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.