The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS.
This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates.
* View your current location in UTM or Lat/Lon formats.
* Record and/or manually enter waypoints in UTM, Lat/Lon, or MGRS.
* Goto a waypoint, with optional audio proximity alarm and spoken directions.
* Record a track log.
* Show your current location, waypoints and tracklogs on a map.
* Export waypoints and tracklogs to a KML file for viewing in Google Earth, or to a GPX file.
* Export waypoints to a comma delimited (CSV) text file.
* Import KML or GPX files and view in the app.
* Email your current location to a friend.
* Odometer to keep track of how far you've gone.
* Magnetic compass.
* Elevation profile.
* Compute sun rise and set times.
* Supports both metric and US/imperial units.
* Supports datums WGS84, GDA94, AGD66 and AGD84. (Use WGS84 for NAD83)
* Allows entry of parameters for a custom datum (e.g. ED50, SAD69, OSGB36, GDA2020 etc), as well as supporting affine parameters for local grid systems.
* Can display your location a normal grid ref, an MGRS grid ref (WGS84 datum only), or as a UK Ordinance Survey (OS) grid ref.
* Can download offline map tiles for use where there is no cellular coverage.
* Optional walk timer.
* Email your current waypoints and tracklogs as a KML file.
* Take photos from within the app to be stored with the current session.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. To save battery power you can close the app from the task manager. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost while using this app.
Added an option to the main menu to take a photo and store it in the current session folder.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very 'Handy' app
Excellent App! I use this app almost daily when undertaking field survey work. Much more convenient to carry my phone than an extra GPS and compass. The support by the developer for this app is top rate. I emailed him a couple of questions and received a helpful and friendly response almost immediately. Maybe the ability to email kml files, calculate distance and area or import .shp files would make a great app even better.
App continues to crash when attempting to upload coordinates as waypoints from a kml file.
Developer Response ,
Please email using the contact details at www.binaryearth.net for assistance.
Great for bushwalking
Very easy to use. Great to have UTM and eastings/northings for use with a topographic map. Trying to see if I can avoid carrying a phone and a dedicated separate GPS. Only recommend intermittent use to avoid drain on battery.
- Anthony Dunk
- 4.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Anthony Dunk
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.