HeadGear is a free easy-to-use smartphone app that guides you through a 30–day mental fitness challenge which includes mindfulness tasks and exercises.
- Daily short exercises including videos, quiz’s, and activities to boost your resilience
- Tools to improve your wellbeing
- Mood gauge to track and reflect on how you’re feeling
- Daily quotes and reminders
- Mental ill-health risk assessment
- Links to further support
HeadGear utilises two therapies (behavioural activation and mindfulness) which have been shown to be effective in the treatment and prevention of mental ill-health.
HeadGear was developed in partnership with beyondblue with donations from the Movember Foundation.
Download HeadGear today, and toughen your nut.
Mood Gauge fixes and UI improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is it just for blokes?
Looks like a great approach and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Is the app just for men, though? I see it's supported my movember which is great to see. But the vibe (colours/design and language) seems to tie in heavily with masculine gender norms. Can you make the UI a bit more gender neutral? Or is this targeted at getting dudes to deal with their mental health issues?
Easy and Enjoyable
Really loving this app and the 30 day challenge. It is really approachable and able to do each challenge as a bite size activity.
Love the short videos as little reminders of what's really going on with my thoughts and feelings.
- Black Dog Institute
- 149.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Black Dog Institute
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.