Plan, navigate and share your next 4x4 or overland adventure through the United States and Canada with the Hema Explorer overland navigation app for North America:
• Track your GPS position in real-time on offline maps
• Use trusted topographic mapping to explore North America backcountry: USGS Topo, Thunderforest Outdoors and Canada Topo
• Use additional street and touring maps for navigating populated areas: Hema USA Road Map, HERE Street and Canada Street mapping
• Generate an offline route to an address or waypoint using Quick Routing
• Save a log of your trip with track recordings, geotagged photos, waypoints and trip notes
• Backup all your trip data to your free Hema Explorer Cloud account which you can share with the Hema Explorer community
• Share your trips online with friends and family
Generate a route line to an address or waypoint using Quick Routing, manually create point-to-point routes, or mark important locations using waypoints to plan your journey in full. You can even organise your data for each specific trip by saving it to an individual folder, allowing you to keep all your downloaded maps, waypoints and routes in one place.
By delivering offline mapping to your mobile device, Hema Explorer makes it easy to navigate 4x4 and overland adventures throughout North America. Download the maps you need offline before you go, then track your position as you travel and save a log of your journey to find your way home. With Hema Explorer, you get full access to detailed USGS Topographic and USGS 7.5 mapping, the Hema USA Road Map, Thunderforest Outdoors, Canada Topo and Canada Street, in addition to HERE Street, Terrain and Aerial imagery mapping for North America.
Hema Explorer lets you record your journey with track logs, geotagged photos, waypoints and trip notes, which you can automatically backup to your free Hema Explorer Cloud account. You can then post your trips to the Hema Explorer Cloud trip gallery, where you can share your adventures with the Hema Explorer community, browse and comment on other people’s trails, or post your trip directly to Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixes to cater for changes in iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Buttons don’t fit on screen
It’s really only designed for the largest iPad not an iPhone. Back buttons do not fit on the screen and are sometimes not even present. They might overlap two or more buttons. This App is only worth $5 at the most. Maps for Canada are not easily downloadable. It is really only for the USA market and have neglected Canada mapping terribly. HEMA should not claim maps for the USA and Canada when there is only maps for western Canada. Not Eastern and 12 different layered maps for the USA
The developer, Hema Maps, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hema Maps Pty Ltd
- 160.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Hema Maps Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.