Highclere Castle is one of England's most beautiful Victorian Castles, home to the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon, and the real-life location of TV’s Downton Abbey.
Narrated by Jim Carter, who plays Carson on Downton Abbey, this app allows you to explore the history of the Castle, its rooms and treasures and to discover what it’s like to live and work there.
• 360° photography of the Castle’s interiors.
• Exclusive video interviews with Lord and Lady Carnarvon about life at the Highclere.
• A chance to meet Highclere’s chef and butler, and find out what it’s like to have dinner at Highclere.
• Behind the scenes footage of Highclere’s collections including paintings, furniture and a desk that once belong to Napoleon Bonaparte all introduced by Lord and Lady Carnarvon themselves.
• The remarkable story of Highclere’s connection with Egypt and Tutankhamun.
• Family Tree
• Stunning footage of the gardens and wider estate.
A wifi connection is required to stream video content.
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Apps meant to be 4.49 charged me $6 because im australia shame on you!
Terrible video hosting
After paying $5 for this, I am very disappointed in the quality of the video hosting. Considering that I can load a youtube video in 3s, I should not have to be waiting 30s+ for this app, and sometimes it just doesn't load at all. Why not just embed the video files in the app... especially on the iPhone, where you don't need fantastic quality due to the small screen.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.