HOME OUTSIDE®: Landscape Design for Everyone
***As featured in The New York Times, Fox News, USA Today, Gardenista, and more***
“Home Outside allows you to create intricate and varied landscapes. And when you’re finished designing your yard or indulging in a little dreamscaping, you can e-mail results to friend.” –Kate Murphy, The New York Times
“I can’t imagine a designer who wouldn’t want to have this on their phone or tablet. I’ve tried this app … it’s a great tool for a ‘quickie’ design that you can show clients and then refine as you like.” –Jane Berger, Garden Design Online
Home Outside® is a landscape design app with all the tools you need to mock up your property, create new designs, and share them with friends and family.
Ideal for homeowners who want to try out fresh ideas for their yard. Useful for landscape professionals to share designs with clients and contractors. Also perfect for children and adults alike to exercise their imagination and creativity!
Use Home Outside to select and place over 700 beautiful hand-drawn elements including trees, gardens, pools, patios, hammocks, driveways, houses and sheds, solar panels, and just about anything you might want for your property.
• Sample designs to inspire or get you started
• Simple tap-and-drag functionality
• Twenty-nine palettes (700+ elements) to create your landscape design layout
• Resize, Rotate, Undo/Redo, Duplicate, Flip, Group
• Rotate elements with “Snap to 90” or turn off to rotate more precisely
• Snap to grid (elements stick to a re-sizable grid of guidelines, turn on/off in Settings)
• Rulers (visible at edges of design; zoom in to the single unit; user selects feet/meters; can be turned on/off)
• Choose from 15 different background colors
• Sketch Tool (allows users to draw garden beds and other free-form shapes with an eraser and brushes of different colors, widths and opacity)
• Map Tool (This mapping tool based on Google Maps allows you to outline your property and import the map image with measurements into the app as a layer.)
• North arrow (appears with Map Tool)
• Site Analysis palettes to mark the locations of your site’s utilities and light and moisture conditions
• Notes (allows users to tag elements in their designs with typed comments or descriptions)
• Light/Dark mode (changes Note tags and North arrow from white to black for visibility against light backgrounds.)
• Animated Figures (a palette of animated elements—a person, dog, cat, bird, and car—that move through your design on a looped or repeating path, adjustable speed, play and stop animation)
• Import a Photo as a layer (useful for importing a digital image of your property plan)
• Create different Layers of elements in your design. Add, delete, rename layers, make each layer visible/invisible, lock/unlock for editing, and reorder layer position.
• In-app Design Primer by Julie Moir Messervy
• Designs automatically save to the app’s Designs gallery
• Email an editable design so friends can edit one another’s designs and email them back and forth
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Terrific time saver!
Is rare nowadays to download an application that does everything it says it will - and more! This is a terrific little app and I've found it invaluable in planning out the stables and outdoor living areas, fencing etc for my new country property. It's helped me to visualise and spot problems before I actually start the process for real. It's helped me to accurately judge how many fence posts I need per fence, positioning of gates etc. Can't recommend it more highly! Thanks for a true time saving application that has made a real world job so much easier.
Great little program
This is a great little app. It’s very user friendly and intuitive, and I was able to redesign my backyard within a hour or so of downloading it. I’ve tried several other apps but they were generally much less user friendly or overly complex. This app strikes a great balance between simplicity and effectiveness. As one reviewer noted many apps don’t really deliver but this one does. It’s one of the most useful apps I’ve downloaded.
This app is very well done it has pretty much everything one would need to help create or design a landscape style though rough sometimes very useful and easy to use my only criticism is not being able to change colours of some items other then that would recommend this app to anyone.
- Home Outside, Inc.
- 921.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © All Dreams Digital and Julie Moir Messervy Design Studio, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.