Horo is the best FREE countdown timer for the Mac!
Horo is the timer app you need for your menu bar. It’s easy to use, fast, and gives you exactly what you need.
Boost your productivity. Stay on task. Keep track of time. Use Horo.
Start a timer in faster than you can blink using Horo’s Natural Language timers. Just type in how long you want your timer and hit Return!
Your timer will start counting down in your menu bar. Once the timer goes off, you’ll get an alert. Too easy!
Some examples of Horo’s flexible Natural Language support:
– “1:30:45” starts a timer for 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 45 seconds
– “1.5h” starts a timer for 1 hour, 30 minutes
– “45m” starts a 45 minute timer
– “1h 15m” becomes an hour and fifteen minutes
– “60s” will play a sound in a minute
– Leaving the input blank will start a stopwatch
– “@3pm” will set a countdown timer to go off at 3pm
You can use '#hashtags' to sort your timers into projects.
Perfect to use as a:
– Pomodoro Timer
– Focus Timer
– Productivity Countdown Clock
– Washing Timer
– Cooking Timer
– Simple Alarm Clock
– Simple time tracker for freelancers
– Task timer for work
– Stats and reporting charts for time tracking
– Full History explorer and CSV export
– Custom keyboard shortcuts to create timers
– Custom alert notification sounds
Start using the fastest, easiest, simplest, and best countdown timer for your Mac menu bar
– Added support for more 24-hour time formats
– Returns focus to the previous application when using Horo from a keyboard shortcut
– Stops the custom sound notification playing when the notification is dismissed (Pro)
– Stops the custom sound preview playing when the preferences window is closed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's almost perfect, but - if you press backspace when timer is open, it resets. If you've typed in 'stopwatch' and accidently backspace one letter, the timer resets. I like to have it show how long I've worked throughout the day. Also, it would be great if you could add/subtract time onto the stopwatch, in case you were working and forgot to turn it back on/off.
It's a tiny little app that does one thing exceptionally well in a way that's almost too simple to believe, and I love it. The same developer also has a couple of other apps on his website: Vanilla (hide whichever icons you like in the menu bar) and Rocket (get the equivalent of Slack's :emoji: system in every app.) They're both just as simple and just as amazing and you should check them out too.
I've used a heap of timers. And even having only used this for two days I can say it's the best I've used. It takes LESS THAN 1 SECOND to set up a timer. Why oh why isn't more software designed like this.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.