The first scientifically validated Heart Rate Variability (HRV) app. HRV4Training provides HRV based insights to help you quantify stress,
better balance training and lifestyle, and improve performance. HRV4Training does not require a heart rate monitor, since it can accurately assess your HRV using the phone's camera.
HRV4Training also works with Apple Watch, the Oura ring and all compatible Bluetooth SMART sensors.
HRV4Training is also the first app that goes beyond simple measurements and provides insights on:
1) acute or day to day HRV changes in response to different stressors (alcohol, travel, sick days, training, menstruation, etc.)
2) long term multi-parameter trends to look at the big picture
3) correlations between physiological measurements and annotations
4) training load analysis, fitness, fatigue, readiness to perform and injury risk
5) VO2max estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
6) Training Polarization analysis (or 80/20)
7) Lactate Threshold Estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
8) Weekly and monthly summaries to track progress.
All data is processed inside the app in order to provide you with actionable interpretations that can help optimizing your training plan and performance.
Supported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
Currently unsupported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 4S, iPads and iPods - These devices require a chest strap.
- HRV-based advice helps you to adapt your trainings based on objective measures of recovery
- TAGS: lets you tag your sleep, mental energy, muscle fatigue, stress and all other parameters that can help you understand what is influencing your physical condition and physiological stress
- Works with Bluetooth SMART heart rate monitors (a Polar H7 is recommended) or simply your phone's Camera
- Integrates with the Health app (writes heart rate, and sleep, read sleep time)
- Configurable test (single or orthostatic, choose test duration between 1, 3 or 5 minutes)
- Extracts and stores the following features while lying down and/or standing: heart rate, mean of beat-to-beat intervals (AVNN), standard deviation of beat-to-beat intervals (SDNN), square root of the mean squared difference of successive R-Rs (rMSSD), number of pairs of successive R-Rs that differ by more than 50 ms (pNN50), low frequency power (LF, 0.04-0.15 Hz), high frequency power (HF, 0.15-0.40 Hz)
- Shows the PPG signal view to ensure signal quality during the test if the camera is used instead of a bluetooth SMART sensor
- HRV4T Recovery Points to provide a single, straightforward metric to analyze your physical condition
- Population summaries and people like you comparisons to put your data into perspective
- Analysis of compliance and consistency
- Data export via email or Dropbox
- Integrates with TrainingPeaks, SportTracks, Genetrainer and Strava
HRV4Training requires to register an account with your email address, so that your data can be backed up safely and retrieved in case anything happens (app issue, changing phone, etc.).
* Minor improvements
If you like the updates, please take a few minutes to the review the app. It makes a difference. Thanks!
For any issues, or quick questions contact: hello@HRV4Training.com or use @altini_marco on Twitter
p.s. let us know if you'd like to experiment more. Happy to send you Camera HRV for free.
Marco & Ale
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An app i can trust
HRV4Training is a scientifically valid, highly accurate fitness, health and heart data app that ticks all my boxes. The app dev’s - Marco and Alessandra - are highly qualified, committed, proactive and professional. HRV4Training quickly gathers all your metrics and produces relevant, easily understood raw and correlated information, helping both athletes and those managing fatiguing conditions. The app is adaptive, improving as you log more data, and packs a deceptively immense amount of useful information. It’s the only HRV app I trust.
Information is pretty useless out of sync with reality if not just plain wrong. Obviously I am an outlier on the charts as HRV changes do not in any way align to actual real life feelings. HRV goes up after an intense strength session, telling me I can go intense when I can barely summon the energy to use the app, and telling me to back off when I am good to go after a rest day. Additional trends and analysis is really truly useless, no value in that analysis at all and the links to the website provide no useful information. I can’t believe I have wasted time and money on this pseudoscience hocus pocus. This isn’t science, this is rubbish stats unsupported by quality scientific analysis.
Essential for anyone serious about fitness/health
This is a great app that grows overtime as far as updates and more features. Science backed and tested. The longer you use it the better the data you start to get from it. Most people overtrain if you learn from your data you can reduce injury,illness and hopefully improve performance. As the saying goes, if you ain’t measuring, your just guessing.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A.S.M.A. B.V.
- 24.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Marco Altini 2013
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.