The official 2019 app for the Melbourne Writers Festival allows you to explore, connect and streamline your Festival experience.
The MWF19 app lets you:
Explore the Festival program:
- Browse the program by name, date, venue
- Browse ‘What's On Next' at the Festival
- View both free and ticketed events
Buy and download tickets:
- Go paperless: your tickets can be scanned directly from the screen
- Buy tickets securely with your credit card anywhere, anytime
- Buy passes and redeem sessions immediately
- Add your tickets to Passbook
- Add your sessions to iCal
Schedule your attendance and share with friends:
- Create a shortlist of events through your Wishlist and connect it to your calendar
- Share events with friends through email, Twitter and Facebook
- Want to be part of the conversation? Include #MWF19 in your tweets
Left your printed tickets at home?
The app stores all your ticket barcodes on your device regardless of how you purchased (web, phone or in-person). Door staff can scan your ticket right from your device's screen.
About the 2019 Melbourne Writers Festival:
The overarching theme of MWF19, When We Talk About Love, is derived from What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, the title of a 1981 collection of short stories by American writer Raymond Carver.
At this year’s Festival, MWF invites a broad spectrum of authors, journalists, playwrights, poets, songwriters and artists to share their passions.
About the developers:
Ferve Tickets are proud to support this year's MWF program.
Whether you're buying tickets online or at the box office, knowing where to be for the next show, or having your tickets and passes when you need them, we're with you the whole way.
Minor updates and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use
This is a nice, clean app, easy to use. Love the ability to buy e-tickets that are stored on the phone and scanned on location.
I miss the ability to sync with my calendar (Sydney Writers Festival app does this). Also, there should be an iPad version.
No exchange function
Although the app states you can return/exchange tickets, the MWF does not actually allow this. If it’s physically possible- as it is with say MIFF, I don’t see why they don’t let you do this. Pretty disappointed after spending money on the pass, thinking this was an option.
Great to use,now that festival underway. Certainly easier than the rather messy printed programme. Shame app only in iPhone format and not for tablets.
- Vallez Pty Ltd
- 10.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Melbourne Writers Festival
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.