Photo academy in your pocket! The basics of photography for beginners and useful tools for professionals.
＊ "Editor's choice" in more than a 100 countries;
＊ Starbucks "Pick of the Week";
＊ "App Store's Amazing Apps & Games" participant;
＊ #1 top paid app in 19 countries;
＊ #1 top paid app in "Photo & Video" category in 43 countries.
Even though everyone has a camera these days, taking a truly good picture still requires knowledge and mastery.
With Great Photo App, you will start learning photography by practicing: with the help of interactive lessons, you will gradually gain understanding of the foundations of the art of photography.
We will take you on the road to knowledge through the varied aspects of photo making with the help of easy to understand exercises. Just like a real friend, the app will point out your mistakes and praise your successes.
You will learn:
- What exposure is, how to select the right exposure, and what influences this.
- Aperture. Its full importance and all of its effects for your pictures.
- Shutter speed. You decide whether to freeze time or slow it down. We are giving you the key to understanding this process.
- ISO. Demonstration of how ISO affects exposure and image noise.
- Depth of field. Visual presentation of everyone's favorite blurred background.
- Camera lenses. Study the difference between focal lengths by taking pictures of a beautiful model using a variety of lenses;
- White Balance; what is White Balance and color temperature and how to use it;
- Basics of studio light; what is the difference between rim light and fill light? How to correctly set up your first lighting scheme;
- Lighting setups for studio portraits; 10 core lighting setups for studio photograpy with datailed light source diagrams;
- Studio light: professional tool for choosing studio lighting setups;
- Studio portrait+: 18 more studio portrait lighting setups.
The comprehensive lighting manual will give you the opportunity to find yourself at the shooting location complete with an obedient model and lighting equipment.
Experience for yourself what it means to shoot in artificial light.
You will have access to more than 1,000 lighting setups for your quests, studies, and demonstrations.
Easy interface, friendly environment, and our personal team of models.
Start your photographic adventure with The Great Photo App and get on the road to the best picture.
And may you have good light!
Added support for new devices
Ratings and Reviews
Great in principle ...
The lens information that the app claims as incorrect when you select it, is actually correct. Also the rule of thirds comes up as incorrect and is very clearly framed by the user as a ‘rule of thirds’ composition. The principles of photography are here, however it would be very confusing to be scoring ‘incorrect’ for the student when the answers clearly are correct. Shame really as I cannot really refer this as a learning tool as it currently exists. Developer, great ideas here indeed, with the way it is presented and also the practical, enjoyable and educational content for beginner - intermediate levels, a few simple fixes in the subscript and I’d give 5 stars.
Great educational app
This is a great app. Awesome tool for beginners and even professional photographers. Would recommend photography teachers in schools to use this app as a project for their students to recreate the tutorials, like depth of field, exposure and different lighting techniques for their students to add to their end of year portfolio. I Would really like to see more updates extending the already great information this app provides.
I’m so disappointed, was looking forward to learning how to take great photos and now the information within the app won’t load. Not sure what to do. Paid for it and now I can’t use it.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Baglan Dosmagambetov
- 70 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mobile Creators
- In-App Purchases
- Exposure Free
- Light basics Free
- White Balance Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.