NEW: Start earning when you go LIVE! Super Hearts are virtual gifts you can give and receive during live broadcasts.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Give and receive Super Hearts to show support.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry — watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
We squashed some bugs and made some improvements to make Periscope better for everyone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Periscope offers live broadcasts with a twist—the ability to replay them at any time. Every video comes to life with a league of integrated social features: while watching streams, you’ll also see people join, leave hearts, comment in real time and more. The app makes it super-simple to set your privacy settings too, so you’ll always know who you’re broadcasting to—whether it’s a small group of friends or the whole world.
have found that some of the broadcasters had gone to green screen and were unable to watch. The broadcast can freeze and won’t continue to play, but other than that i am enjoying the app.
Not too bad but room for improvement
This app has improved since my last review particularly with the addition of the ability to clear the Cache but I don’t understand why it’s necessary to do this manually, the app should manage its cache automatically.
I’m also finding the latest version is crashing intermittently when trying to view a live or previous broadcast from a user’s profile view. According to the Analytics Data on my device, it’s a “EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)” fault. I’ve also noticed in the last couple of versions that lots of live broadcasts “flicker” (that’s the best description I can give), it’s like the video frames are being played back out of order e.g. instead of playing frame 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, frame 1 is played, then frame 3, then frame 2, then frame 4.
It would also be useful to include Picture-in-Picture (PiP) support and the ability to perform live translation in the chat to make it easier to communicate with people who speak other languages, maybe one day there could be live translation of the broadcaster's voice like Skype Translate.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 83.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Twitter Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Coin Package $1.49
- Booster Coin Package $4.49
- Champion Coin Package $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.