IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch using your Watchlist, and rate movies and shows you’ve seen. Watch video – including exclusive IMDb Originals, trailers, behind-the-scenes clips, and more. Get showtimes near you, buy tickets, and read critic and user reviews.
Please note - IMDb is not a video streaming service. Full-length movies and TV shows are not available within the app.
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Get personalized recommendations for movies and TV shows
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV, and celebrity picks, or make it just for you
• Search our database of more than 5 million movies, TV shows, and entertainment programs, and more than 8 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, and celebrity birthdays
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips from movies and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user and critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Prime Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets direct from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
“There may be something there that wasn’t there before.” Like Belle's newfound emotions for the Beast, we think you’ll fall for what's new in this release. The refreshed Improve Top Picks page (click "Improve top picks" on the home tab) lets you rate and watchlist popular movies and shows to improve personalized recommendations. We updated the Parents' Guide section and added a "runtime" filter to refine lists when time matters. We also fixed bugs to enhance performance and your overall experience. Enjoy, and thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A flaw in the new version - updated review
I’ve always loved this app. It’s simply better than using a browser, for most things, but you can still access the browser view of things.
One step backwards in this version is the way the search operates. It used to be a single click approach: tap on the search bar then type. Now it’s two clicks: tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen, tap the search bar at the top of the screen, then start typing. I know it’s a single extra tap, but it feels like more work, especially as the search button and the search bar are at opposite sides of the screen. From a user efficiency POV, this is a step backwards.
UPDATE: I have since discovered that tapping the search button a second time causes they keyboard to activate, so I don’t have to click in the search edit.
Its everything you need ..
This review has this tithe because a movie is something you need ... and sometimes a want , with such busy lives it’s important to have break , relax , escape , laugh , cry or be inspired. And when your thinking of what’s that’s actors name ? ... or what was the guy in again ? .... IMBD has it ! Or question wonder what the budget is ... imbd has it ! .... or what’s it rated ... what’s coming up ... what did a movie gross ... what else did that great producer create .... it’s all here & we love checking in , a great app to use even before google when thinking of movies / tv & actors / actress.
Very easy to read & use as well !
Garbage new update for previously flawless app
IMDb was an app I used a lot. It was extremely easy to use, with a UI that helped make finding things quick and efficient. The design of the app was lovely.
Most of all, the thing that most people use the app for, the search bar, was a single tap away.
Now, unfortunately, a lot of the intuitive design and user-friendly interface has been ruined, instead replaced by a tab system that many other apps have adopted but simply does not work here.
The search bar, the most important feature of this app, has now been moved to the second tab, and to the bottom of the screen, thus removing a lot of the efficiency the app was useful for. The main feature of IMDb has been set as a second priority in favour of celebrity news.
It’s a simple little flaw but it makes a huge difference in the usability of the app.
- 75.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1990-2019 IMDb.com, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.