The bargain buy in the iMelway app family, with maps for 2018.
iMelway brings Melbourne's iconic Melway Street Directory to your Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
iMelway Edition 45 contains:
• 2018 Melway Edition 45 Greater Melbourne maps, with 12 new suburbs, 2600+ new street listings and 500 revised and updated maps
• Ballarat maps (updated for 2015 edition), which are not available in print.
Edition 45 is one of a family of iMelway apps in the App Store. Latest maps or lowest price, it's your choice.
Every edition of iMelway features more recent Melway maps than any other iOS app. It uses Melway's native VICGRID94 map projection, so the maps are presented without distortion.
iMelway is the perfect companion to turn-by-turn apps, giving the user a complete feel for the area of coverage. Whether you're on foot, on a bike, in a car or taking public transport, iMelway will locate you using your device's inbuilt location services and display the most comprehensive mapping available in this great city of ours.
iMelway is private by design. The only time iMelway sends any personal information off your device is when you request it.
• Scroll and zoom continuously across maps and between scales
• Search for streets, places, maps and Melway map references
• View Melway map numbers and references, or switch to full screen with a single tap
• Use in portrait, landscape, or iPad multitasking modes
• Maps are stored in app: works anywhere and protects your privacy, no network needed
• Tap and hold to mark a position on the map and display latitude and longitude
• Tap latitude and longitude in the position marker to customise the format or copy
• Share maps, map references and latitude/longitude with Facebook, Twitter, email, print and more
• Search results and info screen use your preferred text size, as set in the Settings app
• Settings app option to keep device awake when iMelway is tracking location.
• Key maps Page 1-2, Page 5-18
• CBD & Southbank maps 1A-1D
• Inner urban maps 2A-2T
• Greater Melbourne maps 3-395 & 615-697
• Geelong CBD maps 401-402
• Greater Geelong maps 419-518
• Phillip Island maps 731-734
• Touring maps X907-930
• exclusive Ballarat maps (last updated for 2015 edition) B154-196, city map B199 and key maps Page 3-4
Printing requires an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Enjoy getting out and about in Melbourne, the World's Most Liveable City, with iMelway — We'll Get You There!
• New iPhone interface, with familiar Melway style and coloured borders
• Show direction of travel as well as location
• Support for all screen sizes (as at Sep 2019) and iPad multitasking
Ratings and Reviews
Best visual design of any digital maps app
It doesn’t quite have the prowess of searching for businesses as Google Maps, but the quality of the visual design is by far the best of any map application—graphical details are clear at any zoom level and the colour contrasts are just right. You can even see the speed bumps on roads! On an iPad the experience is better than the print version. Not to mention the price is generous.
Still to find anything that does a better job of communicating the layout of the city and beyond. Does what it is meant to do whilst being kind to your battery and your personal details. I’ll take elegance over bloated power-drain (hi G!) any day.
Beats google maps!
If you’re a bike track and quiet street rider this is the app for you coz you get the nitty gritty detail you need to properly plan your route... and this one gives it to you. Fantastic, thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Melway Publishing Pty Ltd
- 430.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Melway Publishing Pty Ltd (maps); Robert Stainsby (software)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.