With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Access files from external hard drives, SD card readers and USB drives
• Support for Dark Mode and new Share sheet in iOS 13
• When adding theme music in project settings, the soundtrack automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Provides performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So easy to edit!
This app is really good I find it so simple and quick to edit. A new feature I’d like to see is if you could move the title around the screen to place it where you want it. Also it really needs some more music provided. Something happened recently tho, I had spent hours and hours editing this video and I was nearly done and the app had been constantly crashing and glitching, and the next time I went to do the last bit on that video, the app crashed and it hasn’t let me into it since. I’ve tried everything to get into the app, my phone has plenty of storage left and the app is up to date so that’s not the problem. If I delete the app and get it back again I’ll lose all that editing I did. Please make an update soon and fix the glitches, maybe if I can update it it’ll let me in. Thanks
Love but one thing
I totally recommend this app to everyone I love every single thing about it accept that u can’t find real songs albums and artists let me explain ok so first when you go onto the small plus in the top right hand corner a little tab sort of thing comes down then you look at the bottom of the tab press on audio and then you look at all the things audio includes like artists, albums, playlists etc. then say you tap on artists and type up Katy Perry does it come up with all her songs... no it comes up with nothing unless I just put in a K and it comes up with sound effects and tracks that have the letter K in them so please make iMovie so I can add real songs into it. Other wise I love this app and suggest it to all I hope you take the time to read my review BYE 👋
Love this app, but when I add music I want to add another song, I try to crop it but you can only delete it because it automatically moves the other song with it or goes back to how it was. Also, please add more sound effects, there are a good amount already but maybe you could add more house and animal sounds like a a dog, cat, lion, etc. Window shutting, crash, etc. things like that could make the movie more advanced, intriguing & dramatic. Please add more themes for customisable movie option. IDEA: Add the option to place and change the size of shapes, clothes, animals etc. like you could add a hat on a person and make them move, that would be cool. Besides all this, this app is great. Sorry for this long review but I really hope you take all of this into consideration. Thank you, J.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 617.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.