With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album, or a group of videos or images, and iMovie will create a video for you — no video editing required — with titles, transitions and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change up the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos directly into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder and delete clips as needed to organise and customise your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust and delete focus points, and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation or later), iPad Air 3 or later, or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation or later)
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation or later), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, or iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
• Apply four new dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music to Magic Movie or Storyboard movies
• Fixes an issue where media from a Photos album would be placed in non-chronological order in a Magic Movie project
• Fixes an issue in which Magic Movie and Storyboard movies in the viewer would not appear on external displays during playback
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with Problems
I really like this app although I think that there should be a settings option so you can make the pictures not move. If there is already one, I’m not aware of it, and a lot of other people don’t either.
Please add this! I just want to say that the editing is amazing and that, but my saving has been glitchy. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn’t. Also, most of the time the background noises make more sound than the edited in noises and my friends and I. Please fix that. I am nine years old, please excuse my grammar and spelling! Two more things. One, Can you make a thing where you can delete certain parts of the video, as if if you have your hand in the video, you can click a button and delete your hand, but everything else stays there. Two, Can you add a drawing tool where you click the button and pick a colour and brush then draw? Thank you!
Basic, yet soooo tedious!
I thought this app was decent, but I’ve grown older and i realise how tedious the software is. It attempts to excel in basic editing, but there’s too many problems and poor decisions put in this app that play against the user. This includes the fact that it sends you back to the start of the clip you want to shorten or lengthen, this causes me to take a blind guess on how long I have to lengthen the clip to fit for example, audio. Along with the default setting of Kens Burn on all clips and upon removing this, has the user to move the clip to fit the screen correctly for every single clip that doesn’t need Kens Burns. In reality, I could probably finish editing a basic presentation quicker on Da Vinci Resolve than this app, which is shocking when your app specialises in “Instantly creating Magic Movies”.
All of these problems shine the brightest when I tried to edit a basic presentation, which soon turned into an infuriatingly tedious process that shouldn’t of taken more than 2 hours.
All in all, you need to stop putting the app against the user, it really pushes away the user from the freedom of a editing software. Especially with me. Goodbye to IMovie
Great With a Few Problems
I really like this app. It’s fun and easy to use. I have made some really cool videos on here. I have encountered a few problems though.... First of all if you use videos in iMovie, then delete them in your apple photos, you won’t be able to view them in iMovie again. Second of all there have been glitches while using the app. And last has been my biggest problem; For a while I stopped using the app, and when I tried to reinstall it, it wouldn’t let me. I was gutted becuase this was a great place for me to edit my videos. Then I came to the App Store to see if I could, and it told me that I could only have the old version, not the new version because I don’t have the right software. It’s quite annoying that it requires iOS 14 or later because that stops people with less advanced people from editing videos.(Me) I don’t mind using the old version, but would much rather the new one. I’m about to purchase an IPhone though so will be able to use the updated version. I really thouroughly love the though app and would recommend in future. : )
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 594.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.