With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full-screen while you edit*
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second**
• Export a video optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV***
* External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later or iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later
• Fixes an issue in which text disappears after resetting a title or changing the font
• Fixes issues in which title text scales incorrectly or becomes uneditable after changing the title style
• Fixes an issue in which Undo becomes unavailable after changing the colour of title text
• Fixes an issue in which some lines of title text cannot be deleted
• Fixes an issue in which the Expand title animation does not play
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with Problems
I really like this app although I think that there should be a settings option so you can make the pictures not move. If there is already one, I’m not aware of it, and a lot of other people don’t either.
Please add this! I just want to say that the editing is amazing and that, but my saving has been glitchy. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn’t. Also, most of the time the background noises make more sound than the edited in noises and my friends and I. Please fix that. I am nine years old, please excuse my grammar and spelling! Two more things. One, Can you make a thing where you can delete certain parts of the video, as if if you have your hand in the video, you can click a button and delete your hand, but everything else stays there. Two, Can you add a drawing tool where you click the button and pick a colour and brush then draw? Thank you!
Hello there my name is James I think this app is pretty great but there is a couple things I would like you to fix 1. When I transport files from OneDrive to iMovie it says ‘scanning complete iMovie will not accept this file’
2. It’s very glitchy to edit with when I finally figured out how to take files from onedrive to iMovie I had to delete the app and reinstall it to work but when I did iMovie glitched and lagged kicked me out and when I finally got in I tried transferring my movie to my photos/videos the transportation would not work it would just be stuck were it’s stuck I guess
3. iMovie has made my iPad a very glitchy platform please make this app glitch free
4. When I downloaded a file onto iMovie it wouldn’t play unless I go back and download it again but when I downloaded the file I had about 1 min till it wouldn’t work again and say download again
Please fix these things because I love this app and I really want to keep it but I can’t keep it if it always does these things Please fix this PLEASEEEEEE!!! 🥺🥺🥺
It’s good but I’m sad now
I used to use this all the time but now I can’t and it’s more of my fault. I used to use this a lot but it took up a lot of storage, including the documents and data. I decided I was going to delete it and get it back so that the documents and data don’t take up so much storage. When I deleted it, I had 800 megabytes of storage left. The app is only 600 megabytes so I tried downloading it again. It said I don’t have enough storage when I do. Also I need the IOS 14 update? It says I can download an older version but according to my iPad, I don’t have enough storage. It is great for editing but now I wish I had not deleted it. But I still recommend this for people that want to edit videos. It’s pretty good, just don’t delete it if you like it and you want to free up storage. But I hope I can download it again soon.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 632.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.