* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
* Featuring top Australian meditation teachers including Melissa Ambrosini, Ajahn Achalo, Kate James, Meg James, Manoj Dias, Dr Elise Bialylew, The Stillpoint and more *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Meetups in Sydney, and throughout Australia
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* The Daily Insight
* Insight Courses
* Night Mode
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com).
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
This release contains a new LIVE tab where will be introducing thousands of live meditations, talks and musical events. Click any Attend button and we’ll send you a reminder 10 minutes before the event starts.
We’ve also included support for Sign In with Apple and better iPad Multitasking.
For any questions or feedback please contact our wonderful help desk team by emailing email@example.com. All emails are replied to within the hour!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best meditation App by far...
I see three facets to this app that are useful in their own right: 1. thousands of guided meditations, where a practitioner talks you through the practice (particularly useful for beginners), and these are in lengths ranging from one minute to hours (so beginners can start with short periods and progress to longer meditations as they are ready), have varied backgrounds and are delivered by a range of practitioners...you are bound to find some you enjoy. 2. The timer option is highly customisable so you can set the duration, background, and even interval bells/reminders. 3. The data/stats element is terrific for keeping you motivated and ‘honest’, a terrific feature that allows you to track your meditation practice if you want to - this feature, in combination with the timer function, also works offline and the app will automatically update your data when it is next online! Superb, for instance, when on a cruise and you have no internet access but want to maintain your ‘record’. I cannot recommend this app enough. It has meant that I now meditate daily, with significant positive impact on my life, health and well-being. Thank you for making this and keeping it free. 👏
App not working & bad customer service
I have always enjoyed this app and been a user since it launched, spreading the word to family and friends. However when a problem occurred within my app, including not being able to open meditations, resulting in the app freezing and crashing, meaning I could not at all use the app, I proceeded to contact customer service. Whilst they were prompt in replying, they told me there was nothing they could do to help me. After updating my app to the newest version, things began to stop working. My IOS on my phone was not compatible with the app, despite my phone being a fairly recent model. Many other users have the same IOS as me so this is a common issue, yet they failed to fix the app and make it compatible for users of IOS 10. A simple fix with the product development team would have meant my IOS was compatible, however the team could not do this for me. I would have been happy if being friends able to use the app meant I did not have access to the newest features but I couldn't use it at all. I contacted the team via Instagram and whilst they seemed helpful I was blocked and unable to contact them further. I was kind in my messages all along, understanding that they were a small team, but to be blocked as a customer, when I was only expressing my issues with the app is not ok. I've enjoyed this app since the launch, however the team wasn't helpful or co operative and I can now not use the app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ella, We're deeply sorry you feel this way about the app and our customer service. As clearly stated in the App Store. Insight Timer is only compatible with iOS 11 and upwards. This is not a quick fix unfortunately. We're a small team doing the best we can. Many thanks.
Previous reviewers have said a lot about the useful features of this app and I therefore won’t repeat those thoughts. I personally use three features: the actual timer, the stats and reward part and the social networking feature. All of them are great. The timer works well and is flexible enough to be adapted to my personal needs. The rewards (not compulsory) are a fantastic motivator to meditate regularly and the social feature (not compulsory either) is gentle and not in your face like Facebook for example. The only slightly negative comment I like to make is about the user interface which I find a bit awkward and slightly confusing in its design. But that’s a minor point; if it would be more elegant and simple I’d give the app 5/5. Recent changes made to the first screen that comes up after a timed session might be a good start for some redesign. Finally: the app is free and the developers have decided to keep it this way unless you choose some enhancements. Good compromise. Overall: I’m very happy with the app!
- Insight Network Inc
- 192.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation $88.99
- Insight Premium Meditation $14.99
- Meditation Course: Single Use $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.