iPhiGéNie is the tool of choice for outdoor maps in FRANCE, BELGIUM, Spain, Italy, Germany and Norway (NZ soon).
There are GPS applications with French topographic maps inside, iPhiGéNie brings you ALL maps from National Geographic Institute, with a GPS inside.
Privileged partner of IGNrando' website : access to a large tracks database.
• Maps display on the Apple Watch.
• 3D map display.
• Loaded maps avalaible OFF-LINE.
FRANCE: road maps are free, topographical maps are available on subscription (7 days free use trial).
Coordinates: géographic, UTM, MGRS, Lambert (I-II-IIe-III-IV,93), DFCI. Nautic units.
IN APP PURCHASES
* MODULE Vmax. Optional, permanent purchase. Adds extended features. See below.
* SUBSCRIPTION to Géoportail. Gives access to French topographics maps, photos, cadastral and more. Yearly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
IMPORTANT: Every MAP displayed once IS KEPT ON THE DEVICE and is available even with no network (off-line mode). Also feature automatic bulk downloading on several layers and scales inside areas that you can define as you like.
* OPTION French coastal maps (marine and terrestrial combo). Lasts one year.
* OPTION French aviation OACI map. Lasts one year.
All above options are available for ANNUAl subscription only..
* SUBSCRIPTION to Cartoweb. Gives access to topographic maps of BELGIUM. Not related to Géoportail subscription and options. Yearly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
ESRI topographic wold coverage included in Geoportail subscription.
SPAIN, CATALONIA, NORWAY,ITALY, GERMANY: FREE topographical maps from national mapping authotity
NEW ZELAND coming soon
FREE WORLD-WIDE coverage though OpenTopoMap/OpenCycleMap.
On all these maps, iPhiGéNie displays your exact location.
* With optional Vmax module:
- 3D display.
- Tracks and route: Recording, manual creation and editing, following, export-import in GPX file format.
- Waypoints/POI management, with photos: Add, file, annotate, export-import in GPX file format.
- Automatic downloading of maps along a predefined track.
- iCloud sharing for tracks and waypoints.
- Search address or any toponym present on a French map. Automatic creation of relevant waypoint.
- "GPS beacon" feature: People you authorize can follow your position on topographic maps. No tracking is done unless you activate it.
- Follow your friends beacon: Automatic update of followed positions. Very handful to find each other.
- One time purchase. Vmax module is a definitive purchase. You may use it with no Geoportal valid subscription, dispaying tracks and waypoints on available free maps.
- GPS "beacon": Warning, you should never engage security on the availability of this feature.
- On iPod, no GPS position.
- GPS and battery lasting: the GPS is shut down when the application is sent to background, if there is no activated function requiring it (track recording, "GPS beacon"). Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery lasting.
- English speaking users are welcome to ask any question in the English section of the forum on the support web site.
- Recurring subscriptions to map services
- Yearly subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Geoportail map service.
The fall version for add compatibility with iOS 13 Dark Mode and WatchOS 6.
• The barometric altitude is now automaticaly calibrated faster by requesting DEM if the inernet is available.
Fixed bugs :
• Sometimes an empty segment at the beginning of the trace could be created which caused the display loss of the other track segments.
This is a bug fix release to correct a problem with the keyChain not correctly storing purchases.
The main purpose of this 2019 release is to add a custom protocol to communicate with the computer version (MacOS native version et Java version for Windows/linux), currently in the finishing phase and to be released soon.
• Activates the HTTPS protocol by default when accession map tiles from IGN.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome and reliable
After reading the translated (brief) instructions, I loaded the maps for the 4 days walking I had and never looked back. The gps tacked perfectly while my phone was in flight mode and used 25% of battery after a 25+km day walk. The watch app add on was a handy addition.
Licensing is dangerous
Paid for a full version 3 days before the trial ran out. Downloaded and cached my walk in case out of mobile range. The moment I *really* need it, right now, in the walking trails of remote Corsica, it won’t load the maps in the detail I need to get out. I paid for it. Fix it now, or you will hear from me further. Same situation with our other walker and same app. Very unimpressed.
Update 16Oct18: no response, no refund.
Have paid but maps are not loading. Still asking for subscription.
- Max Barel
- 36.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Max Barel
- In-App Purchases
- iPhiGéNie Vmax $8.99
- Geoportail $22.99
- Optional littoral maps $17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.