The new iPING 2.0 putter app provides authorized PING club fitters and retailers a precise and easy-to-use a tool to ensure golfers experience a tour-level putter fitting from golf’s leader in custom fitting.
The patented technology measures and analyzes five key performance indicators in the putting stroke; 1) closing angle; 2) impact angle; 3) tempo; 4) lie angle and 5) shaft lean. These stroke metrics, combined with detailed input from the golfer, are analyzed by a proprietary fitting algorithm which recommends the proper stroke type, length, loft, lie and weight for a PING putter.
The iPING 2.0 app offers three modes:
1) Advanced Fit: Club fitting professionals recommend putter specifications by considering a variety of metrics; wrist-to-floor measurements, posture, gripping style, miss tendencies, green speed and speed performance in conjunction with hitting five (5) 10 ft. putts. In this mode, putter comparisons can also be made and quantified.
2) Fit for Stroke: Club fitting professionals recommend putter specifications by capturing three (3) 10 ft. putts. Ideal for golf shop settings and quickly classifying a player’s Stroke Type.
3) Practice session: Allows club fitting and teaching professionals to measure single-stroke metrics during a putting lesson.
At this time, the iPING 2.0 app is intended for use by authorized PING retailers and club fitters only. All technical support and availability of accessories will only be available to authorized PING club fitters and retailers.
* Added ability to search fittings and pros by name
* Improved support for screen mirroring - full screen putting graphics when you mirror your device to an Apple TV
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Eats battery on your watch
I am a regular golfer and a ping user. I thought this would be a useful app for practice and playing. I have a laser distance finder and the gps app was about 10% out. That is similar for other gps apps. The big problem is the battery drain. I got to the 11th hole at got a 10% left warning. And I was not using the app on every hole. So that's not very useful Ping - and needs sorted- there are 18 holes in a game!
Secondly used it for practice swings- a bit more useful there, but doesn't register all shots. Needs a bit of improvement - not sure it's worth the money at present.
Developer Response ,
Regarding battery, please ensure you have the absolute latest version of watchOS and the PING App. Battery use has been dramatically improved in the last year. In our testing, we are certainly able to complete full rounds of golf using all of the features of the app. With Watch series 2 we expect to use about 60% of the battery for a 4hr round. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions and concerns around battery usage.
All I wanted was something to give credit towards closing my ‘rings’ on Apple Watch when I spend time swinging at the driving range. According to the app itself this is one of the two features available without paying the extortionate in-app fee.
No - doesn’t work. Despite numerous restarts of both Apple Watch and iPhone both the watch and phone app are in an endless loop trying to force me to pay to upgrade!
Really good app to help with putting consistency. Found out I had a strong to slight arc when I thought it was more a straight swing. I just used a couple of elastic bands to attach the iPod to the putter shaft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.