iTalk Recorder is a full-featured recording app with a streamlined and intuitive user interface. Press the big red button to record; press it again to stop. You can append to existing recordings, choose from three levels of recording quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates), and manage your recordings, all with just a fingertip.
You can email recordings straight from iTalk. iTalk also supports direct file sharing through iTunes.
Whether you're recording minutes of a meeting, a lecture, or the sounds of birds singing in a meadow far from any electrical outlets, iTalk Recorder puts the sound quality you need in the palm of your hand.
• High-quality handheld recording
• Easy, convenient user interface and controls
• Email your recordings directly from iTalk
• Supports iTunes File Sharing
• Auto-noise cancellation (on iPhone 4)
• Built-in search function to locate recordings by title
• User-selectable Good, Better, Best sound quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates)
NOTE FOR iOS 7 & 8 Users: When launching this app for the first time (either as a new purchase or following your device's OS upgrade), please tap OK when iTalk requests permission to access your device's microphone. If you're experiencing blank recordings, please ensure Microphone access is enabled. In the app, go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone and enable iTalk.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very basic and limited. Here's why:-
•Ball and stick slider to show location.
• Record indicator in seconds and Playback Count up and down indicator in seconds.
• Input volume meter.
WHAT IT DOES:-
• Records, pause recording, continue recording.
• Files recording.
• Allows editing of name.
• Append recording to end of existing file.
• Select record quality
• Share recording by accessing iTalk Synch by WiFi.
• Playback volume ok for closeup recording; poor for distance.
WHAT IT DOES NOT DO:-
• NO Overwrite anywhere in recording
• NO Insert feature (far more useful than the usual overwrite that most have, which destroys any following recording).
• NO mark and delete unwanted bits.
• NO macros. Useful for storing often used phrases, and also for templates,
• NO scrolling real-time waveform. This would allow accurate marking for cutting of even a single sound, e.g. a cough. Not possible on a compressed waveform. It doesn't matter here: you can't edit recordings anyway.
• NO Voice activated recording to avoid silences.
• NO Bookmarks that can be inserted during recording, and playback, listed and editable.
• NO ability to mark and save sections of a recording.
• NO ability to shuffle and assemble saved clips to form new recording.
• Works OK as a very basic closeup recorder, but very limited features for serious work.
Great for catching dishonest FBI Agents!
Used by USPS worker to record criminally dishonest FBI agents. Replayed by James @ project Veritas. This app is a blast. Record dishonest democrats, Rino’s & bureaucrats.
Download today, what are you waiting for.
No premium upgrade option for iPhone 6+
Used to love this app and used it allll the time but it looks like nobody’s home. No upgrade/bug fixes in over a year and the pro version doesn’t look like it exists anymore. Disappointing
The developer, Griffin Technology, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Griffin Technology
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Griffin Technology
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.