iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad — build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments, start class discussions or talk with students to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free educational content in public courses from leading schools, universities, museums and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments and stay connected — straight from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials — including worksheets, links, photos and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind them of due assignments
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions and provide video feedback or start class debates using group discussions
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import registers to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalogue for anyone to view for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place and tick off assignments you complete
• Submit your work in private courses from other apps or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or get feedback in one on one messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a Rich Catalogue of Free Educational Content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books and more on a range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world, including Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre and more
• Share your favourite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Messages
iTunes U stores information about your activity in the app, such as materials you upload. To improve the app, iTunes U collects non-personally identifiable information related to app usage and browsing history of public content. Data is retained until an action is taken to remove it by any of the means provided.
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
This update includes usability and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Alright, needs some improvement
ITunesU is overall a good app for learning, but there are 2 things to improve on.
1. Work in app
The tools to write and do work in the main app need a lot of improvement, there's no eraser tool and overall the mechanics are just frustrating.
2. Update issues
For some reason, whenever the app updates, all courses that I have ever been enrolled in, including the ones i have left, appear again, and I have to redownload the files with them. Please fix this.
My favourite app!
It is so easy to create content and use it in my classroom. My students know exactly what is expected of them. They like the ability to tick of tasks when they are completed. A great range of materials can be added easily to the course. It just works!
It would be great if the camera roll ran the other way when inserting images. (Newest to oldest photos). I have to scroll through the entire camera roll to get to the photo I want.
Horrible writing tool
Why is there no eraser? You have to undo back to the point where you annotated just to erase a line. There are also other issues, such as when saving, I re-enter the document and all my text and annotations disappear. Why does iTunesU have to exit out of a document when saving? If these problems were fixed it would make the app actually usable and reliable.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.