JKnit HD Lite is a free knitting pattern reader app for iPad. You can use this app to import and view patterns in both PDF and interactive JKnit formats. Try JKnit HD Lite for yourself and discover the best way of knitting!
Built-in PDF viewer designed with knitters in mind.
- Smooth PDF rendering engine with page zooming and scrolling.
- Page rotation feature for landscape-oriented charts.
- Follow charts with the help of the highlight bar feature with easily adjustable starting position and height.
- Shift the highlight bar up or down using a simple double tap.
- You can add a bar to each page of your PDF and JKnit HD Lite will remember all of their individual positions and settings.
- You can import your PDFs into the app from your computer, e-mail attachments, websites or download them directly from your KnitPoint pattern library.
Enjoy the benefits of the interactive JKnit pattern format.
- JKnit format transforms all knitting patterns into easy to follow, row-by-row instructions. Just advance the counter as you complete each row, and the app will direct you what to do next.
- The app will always remember your position in any project and will help you pick up exactly where you left off.
- Keep track of all of the essential project information such as materials used, notes and the timeline and add your project photos.
- You can import patterns in interactive JKnit format from your KnitPoint library.
You can also get JKnit Lite - the iPhone/iPod touch version of this app! You can find it in the App Store by searching for JKnit Lite.
JKnit HD Lite comes with a preloaded sample project to help you familiarize with the app and its features.
Experiencing problems, have questions or need help? Have a recommendation or feature request for future releases? Join the JKnit App Users Group on Ravelry to connect with other users, share your experience and get help. You can also email us at
- iOS 11 support
- minor fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great app, that is very handy
I have been using this app for a while now. For a free app it is great . I love the progress bar and use it all the time.
The app works well with patterns written for every line to follow. If your patterns are more repeat line 2 for 7 rows then I would suggest looking at the paid version
Merge patterns when purchase the Ap
I wish there was a way for the paid version to slurp my patterns from the lite version. This way I wouldn't have to run both versions.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.