Play engaging quiz-based games (kahoots) at school, at home and at work, create your own kahoots and learn something new! Kahoot! brings the magic of learning for students, teachers, office superheroes, trivia fans and lifelong learners.
Here’s what you can do with the Kahoot! app:
- Join kahoots hosted live - in class or virtually - and use the app to submit answers
- Complete self-paced challenges
- Study at home or on the go with flashcards and other study modes
- Challenge your friends with kahoots you found or created
- Create your own kahoots and add images or videos
- Host kahoots live for family and friends directly from your mobile device
Families and friends
- Find a kahoot on any topic, fit for any age
- Host a kahoot live by sharing your screen to Apple TV or via video conferencing apps
- Engage your kids with studying at home
- Send a Kahoot! challenge to family members or friends
- Create your own kahoots and add different question types and image effects
- Search among millions of ready-to-play kahoots on any topic
- Create or edit your own kahoots in minutes
- Combine different question types to increase engagement
- Host kahoots live in class or virtually for distance learning
- Assign student-paced challenges for content review
- Assess learning outcomes with reports
- Create kahoots for e-learning, presentations, events and other occasions
- Encourage audience participation with polls and word cloud questions
- Host Kahoot! live in person or in a virtual meeting
- Assign self-paced challenges, for example, for e-learning
- Assess progress and results with reports
Kahoot! is free for teachers and their students, and it’s our commitment to keep it that way as part of our mission to make learning awesome. We offer optional upgrades that unlock advanced features, such as an image library with millions of images and advanced question types, such as puzzles, polls, open-ended questions and slides. To take advantage of these features, users will need a paid subscription.
To create and host kahoots in a work context, as well as get access to additional features, business users will need a paid subscription.
Recurring billing, cancel anytime
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Terms and conditions: https://kahoot.com/terms
We've revamped practice mode to give you a better, faster, and more focused learning experience. Happy studying!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m only nine and I only got this app about a week ago and I’m already learning so much! The quizzes that are related to school topics are actually really fun, they make learning fun and they challenge you but they don’t make it to hard so you still understand the question. The most popular quizzes are the emoji ones and there also my personal favourite. Kahoot is a game with multiple choices of quizzes, and you can search up topics so you can revise and practice things any time you want. I definitely recommend this game to all ages, it is super fun and I hope you enjoy it yourself!
Loved the quiz making but too many glitches that ruined gameplay
I wanted to love this app so much. I upgraded to Personal+ and spent hours making a trivia to play with my in-laws over Zoom.
I’d played this game a couple times at work before, and there were a few glitches when people were playing, and the app didn’t register our answers, or said we were incorrect on our phones even though on the presentation we got it correct. I thought they were a couple of isolated incidents, and that this time would be fine.
Unfortunately, despite a fantastic experience making the quiz that I enjoyed, there were too many glitches during game play that ruined the experience. My father in law was constantly complaining about how it wasn’t registering his answer on both his phone and the presentation even though he got it right and my mother in law was aggressively pressing the button to show it wasn’t updating.
I know it’s not your fault how they responded, but the glitched and inaccurate gameplay ruined my trust in this app. I wanted to love this and continue using this for different trivia, but I was so embarrassed I spent hours creating it to see that the UX was so bad during gameplay.
I couldn’t find solves for this online, but since I had other incidences at work where this happened, I doubt this is isolated. I hope that this works for most people and that it’s improving homeschooling experiences, but alas I will search for a better platform for running quizzes myself.
Good but problems with design of User Interface
Tried this out over a teams call with other people. It was really good however I found the user interface a real problem working between iPad, iPhone and even with laptop. Disclaimer I’m not 25 anymore so reading fine print is problematic and slows down ability to answer until you get the question.
To have decent view on Teams or Zoom the iPad must be 4-8’ away, so reading the questions in that tiny font is almost impossible. Also poor contrast on many questions. Then to swing back to your mobile to give answers. Is there not a way for the questions to also appear on the players mobile? I think it’s a good product and a smart idea, I just think more developers need to think about user interfaces over a range of devices and users. 4 stars from me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kahoot AS
- 136.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020, Kahoot! All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Kahoot! Plus $17.99
- K! Plus for Family & Friends $16.49
- Kahoot!+ Family $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.