Key Word Sign Australia is a new app from Scope Victoria which lets you:
• Print out the Key Word Sign Australia dictionary a-z or by category.
• Create and print individualised resources using line drawings of Auslan signs, Widgit symbols or photos from your own camera roll
• Watch video clips of the Interactive Vocabulary, numbers, alphabet or your own saved clips.
This app has been designed for anyone supporting children, adolescents and /or adults who use Key Word Sign.
It is based on the Key Word Sign Australia vocabulary of over 600 words. The vocabulary includes the evidence based interactive core vocabulary of 100 words plus all regional dialects of Auslan signs.
Key Word Sign Australia acknowledges the Deaf community for the use of Auslan signs.
This app includes:
• Written instructions for use – word document with information on the principles of Key Word Sign
• A camera roll function where a video clip or photo of an individual’s sign can be included/stored in the App
• A Library of Auslan signs and a Library of Widgit symbols so you can make your own communication resources.
• Video clips of the Interactive Vocabulary, the alphabet and numbers (1 – 100)
• Templates to allow symbols, line drawings of signs and photos from the camera roll to be developed into posters or handouts (and printed out)
• Ability to wirelessly print resources
You will be able to select:
• A grid from a range of templates
• Populate the grid with line drawings for Auslan manual signs, Widgit symbols or your own photo
• Add text into each of your cells. You have the option to give any image a title along with a fuller description.
There are over 600 words in the vocabulary including the core set of 100 Interactive Vocabulary items over 500 Fringe Vocabulary items, split amongst 24 categories.
*Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love this amazing app, it's useful to print them and teach with my girl. Thank you so much. There is a few words that are not in list. That's why I gave you four stars. Keep it up work.
Fantastic supporting resource for Key Word Sign
This is a fantastic app for anyone supporting the use of Key Word Sign in Australia. The videos for the 100 core word interactive vocabulary are excellent, and easy to follow as they show the sign demonstrated from both the front and side. The ability to personalise and print vocabulary boards is also very useful - with the included Auslan dictionary items, widget symbols and the ability to add your own photos. I have found the boards simple to make, print and share via the email option. A very practical and useful app.
Can't believe how much I've paid for this app! It is terribly overpriced! I've tried to get a refund but can't. There are so many words not in there and the videos (which is what I was mostly interested in) are even more limited. There's hardly any! Even simple words like "loud" or "quiet" are not in the dictionary. I have to revert back to google to look them up. For $45 I would expect a more full dictionary. This could still be a good app for a few dollars but $45 is criminal!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.