Purchase an insurance policy with Budget Direct and sign up for a free Money Manager account.
Track your money in one easy place to help you save. Connect credit cards, daily banking and superannuation accounts to gain valuable insights. Create budgets on your everyday expenses and set goals for those dream purchases.
• Connect your accounts: Money Manager securely syncs to all of your financial accounts, including bank accounts and credit card, so your transactions appear in the app automatically. It is linked to hundreds of financial institutions in Australia; chances are yours is one of them.
• Track your spending: Money Manager automatically categorises your spending (e.g. groceries, petrol, medical) and calculates how much you spend in each category in a week, month, quarter and/or year. You can see where your money’s going and what you might have to cut back on.
• Create budgets: Once you’ve got an idea of where your money goes, you can set weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual limits for each spending category; and allow Money Manager to warn you if you’re at risk of exceeding them. This can help you stick to your budget.
Manage your bills: Money Manager can notify you of upcoming bills, so you remember to pay them on time and avoid any late fees.
• Set financial goals: Saving for an overseas holiday, a new car, a wedding, your first home? Trying to pay off a debt (e.g. a maxed-out credit card)? Money Manager enables you to set financial goals and see your progress towards achieving them.
• Secure to use: The information about your transactions and balances is read-only data — it cannot be intentionally or accidentally changed. And no one (not even you) can move money in or out of your accounts via Money Manager.
• Editable dashboard – arrange the overview of your finances the way you want it.
• Automatic categorisation of transactions, plus the ability to manually recategorise (even if the transaction is still pending).
• Flexible budgeting timeframes (e.g. a weekly budget for eating out, a quarterly one for council rates).
• Simple and easy-to-understand graphs and charts to help you visualise your financial status.
• Insights into your spending patterns, so you can make any necessary adjustments.
• Ability to divide ATM cash withdrawals across different spending categories.
This release contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better
Good app but it would be more useful if you could add your own personal categories to get a more granular/accurate picture of your budget.
Developer Response ,
Hi Olivia, thank you for your review and feedback. We currently support adding your own categories via Budget Direct Money Manager on the web, but I'm delighted to let you know that we will be introducing this to our mobile app very shortly! I'll update this reply to let you know when they are available. Thanks for your support!
The idea of this app is great but it is clearly poorly executed.
Firstly it constantly loses connections to various accounts and often when you select options to renew credentials the app crashes. I have reported this through chat.
I have a few accounts where the only way to get up to date information is to renew credentials. They update once and that’s it.
The notifications of money transfers is hopeless. Basically they never happen until you open the app and review things myself then it pops up a notification telling me what I’ve just read. Very poor.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear that you had issues with your bank accounts syncing and hope you'll give us another chance. Bank connections can fail from time to time, and we may also pause syncing if you haven't visited the app for an extended period of time. The best way to resolve this is by tapping the warning message that appears at the top of the dashboard and following the instructions to repair the connection. If issues persist or have any more feedback, please get in touch using one of the contact options in-app (More > Settings > Help & Support) or by emailing email@example.com and we can provide further assistance.
I have downloaded over 10+ money managing apps and none of them ticked the boxs like this app has, its so simple and easy to work with
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DIRECT INSURANCE SYSTEMS COMPANY PTY LTD
- 164.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Auto & General Services Pty Ltd trading as Budget Direct. This platform provides read-only data feeds and is not designed to provide any financial advice. Consult professionals for advice.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.