The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
· Sample any eBook for free
· Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions
· A customizable reading experience with your choice of 10 fonts, font size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
· Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
· Instant definitions without leaving the page
· Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
· Ability to make in-page highlights
· Access to local library eBooks
· Side-by-side reading and note-taking
· The ability to export your notes
· Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.10 or above
· Supports reading with Split View on devices running Mac OS X 10.11 or above
Kindle for Mac 1.26: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely MUST have before it rates higher than a 2
MUST stop renaming the device every time you upgrade if you don’t have it in the root of Applications.
MUST stop forgetting all of the things you’ve downloaded whenever it does the above.
MUST allow multiple book selections for downloading or adding to collections. (Especially in light of both of the above. Downloading 400-odd books one-by-one is painful.)
MUST be able to import already downloaded books.
it’s getting better…but…ibooks is still better
Why is iBooks still better? I am still waiting for the option to “select more than one book to download at a time”. I use Kindle to store digital manga. Which means hundreds of volumes to download. I have just gone and double-clicked 300+ titles to download. What a drag…BUT I like how you have added in automatic sorting collections “manga” “comics” “books” “textbooks”! That saves my click and dragging every single manga to a manual created manga collection! That I praise you for!! It’s “good” 4 stars. But it’s not great, and it’s taking a while for you to realise this… Thanks for reading.
I mean really, it still lacks 64bit support, window resizing is also slow as if the app is running over wine vertual interface.
Not just slow performance, it also crashes often.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 90.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.