Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
*You can listen to audiobooks on any iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS version 9.0 or higher.
For our passionate readers who love books as much as we do, we update the Kobo Books app as often as possible to continually improve on its reliability and performance.
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Thanks for reading with Kobo Books!
Ratings and Reviews
Read more books this year than ever because of Kobo
I was going on a cruise at the beginning of the year and one of my goals was to read some books. Rather than bring hard copies (of which I have hundreds), I got Kobo and bought a few e-books. Because of the ease of purchasing a book and getting it immediately and also being able to read without the light on, I have read over 30 books this year! This is more than I’ve ever read even though I love to read. Kobo has restored my love of reading by making it easier.
Some books, like children’s picture books will always require a hands on experience but for novels, Kobo is a winner.
The only improvement I would like to see would be a way to purchase from within the app instead of having to go to the website but it’s not a big issue.
Good reader - still has annoying bugs
I use this reader a lot. It seems that recent updates have solved the “Chapter Jumping” issue, whereby, instead of being able to go to the following chapter of a book, after completing a chapter, it starts at the beginning of the chapter that has just been completed.
However the following issue has become more frequent:
Once the app has not been used for example an hour or so, tapping the screen to invoke the background color and brightness adjustments is ignored. The app has to be completely shut down and restarted for that function to work. Other elements such as font size adjustments also become sticky and requires and app restarted to clear the stick elements. Perhaps there is a way to introduce a night/day mode switch function to allow the user to quickly change user adjustable backlight settings.
This is run on a fully updated iPhone XS.
I love reading but struggle to read actual books in my limited spare time and with noisy kids! 😂 I’m in a car 2 hours a day and Kobo has given me back that joy of hearing great stories while I drive. I’m finding books to popular collections with Kobo that I couldn’t find on bigger audiobook stores. 👀
Kobo team: Thank you so much!
I’d really like to see Apple CarPlay connectivity added. It’s troublesome to remember to start the book and pause it on my phone before connecting to the car via USB. Play/pause/rewind controls don’t appear on the car screen without doing this first.
- Kobo Inc.
- 227.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.