An animated storybook app designed for preschoolers. Interact with Larry to progress the story and be delighted by his reactions to your touch. Perfect for bedtime.
"Even after a year of reading books we could touch, the 'Larry' books still really set the standard for truly original and innovative use of the medium" - Digital Storytime
Created especially for touch screen technology. Early readers are invited to play an active role in the story, poking Lazy Larry to wake him, and are rewarded with rich interactivity. As surprising and wonderful this is for the reader, it’s not so much fun for poor Larry and the reader learns of a better way to make him happy at the end (a special social outtake for kids). Sure to delight and entertain the whole family!
"Teaches the children about what is appropriate behaviour socially and physically, it encourages their emotional development positively and it is just a beautiful story for all to enjoy." - Carrie Chetcuti, Director Home Road Kindergarten
- Read yourself or ‘Read to me’ option with text highlighting
- Evocative Aussie bush sound effects
- Stunning 3D animation
- Original illustrations by award-winning designer Kim Neale
- Parental controls
- Includes bonus educational game, ‘Leapin’ Larry’ with an original music-score
- A former #1 Top Paid Book App, Australian iTunes Store
- Featured in Digital Storytime’s iPad Best of the Best – 25 Essential Children’s Book Apps
- Featured in Digital Storytime’s Top 10 iPad Books – Most Innovative Use of Interactivity
- Recommended by special needs professionals
“"So well pitched in pictures and premise to its intended audience that requests for repeat encounters are near certain." Awarded a Kirkus Star, 'for books of outstanding merit'. - Megan Honig, Kirkus Reviews
"This little bush gem offers a wealth of beautiful illustrations, fluid animations, and fun lizard-prodding fun for youngsters." - Jon Li, Editor in Chief - TheiPhoneAppReview.com
Designed for preschoolers (2-6 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.
If you like Lazy Larry Lizard, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review <3
- To share feedback or get help with any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay up to date with news of promotions and new releases - sign up in the app or visit us at: www.wasabipro.com
- Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/wasabipro
- Follow us on Twitter @wasabipro
- Add us to your circles on Google+
Fixes operation on iPhones
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A good start
This is a nice little app. The best bit is that it's read by an Australian, so your kids won't start talking like Americans! The interactivity is good, but I would like to see more variety in future editions. The story is also a little short.
A good effort though. Look forward to future apps.
Lovely story that I’ve had and shared with children for at least a couple of years, but now it won’t play on my updated iPad. Please update it so it is compatible with iOS 11.
4 Sept 2018. Yay!!!! Thank you so much for updating Lazy Larry Lizard! The children and I have missed him, and are thrilled that we can read him again.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Lazy Larry Lizard is now updated and runs on the latest iOS. Spread the word! Graham Nunn, Wasabi Productions.
Entertaining, teaching skill and patience
This story is not only entertaining and immaculately illustrated but great fun for the kids. Larry has helped my twin grandkids develop their iPad skills and, as an extra, the need for patience. While Larry reacts to being 'poked' at any time, it remains best to wait patiently until you're invited to 'poke' him after each page has been read. A highly recommended app for young kids - and their adult carers. The kids can't get enough of Larry. To enhance the educational value of the product, I would hope that future stories become longer and that the plot develops progressively.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.