Libraries Victoria 17+
Your Library, anywhere!
Designed for iPad
The Libraries Victoria App provides access to public library services for many libraries in Victoria, Australia.
Search the combined catalogue of all participating libraries, or login with your library membership to access the collections, services and resources offered by your local library. Manage your membership, renew your loans, place holds/reservations, and access ebooks and eaudiobooks and other online resources. Discover events and activities at your local library.
Sign into your App and use it as your library card. You can even add other family members to the App and manage their accounts in the one place!
Participating Libraries Victoria services are:
Buloke Shire Library;
Campaspe Regional Library;
Casey Cardinia Libraries;
Central Highlands Libraries;
City of Greater Dandenong Libraries;
City of Yarra Libraries;
Gannawarra Library Service;
Glenelg Shire Libraries;
Goulburn Valley Regional Library;
High Country Library Network;
Hobsons Bay Library;
Indigo Shire Libraries;
Latrobe City Library;
Melton City Libraries;
Mildura Rural City Council Libraries;
Moonee Valley Library;
Mornington Peninsula Library;
Swan Hill Regional Library;
Wellington Shire Libraries;
West Gippsland Libraries;
Wimmera Regional Library Corporation;
Wyndham City Library
Various minor fixes and enhancements, including:
Supports increased security on login using reCAPTCHA
Fixes an issue with ranging for check-in beacons at locations with self-service
Ratings and Reviews
Simplistic interface but slightly buggy
Really simple interface- so easy to use which is great!
Does have bugs such as:
1. Scanning your card when trying to log in brings up a letter on the beginning and end of the numerals making your card number incorrect- you cannot log in without manually removing the letters
2. The solution to not being able to log in is to contact a staff member. Would be SO much easier to include a reset/ forgot password fiction as opposed to slogging up to the local library
3. You cannot renew an item more than twice (even if no one else has reserved the item) and you must borrow again from scratch
4. If someone has put a hold on an item you have currently borrowed, you obviously cannot renew the item. However, the message doesn’t not say that, it comes up with a system error which is confusing
Super easy fixes right? 😊
What's the point of this app?
I am a member of at four libraries. They each already have an app. I thought this might do away with the need for separate apps for each library but I cannot see how to enter multiple library membership details. I can’t work out what this app actually does.
Linked card items don’t display
Reserved and borrowed items on linked cards don’t display. I have unlinked the cards, sign out of the app, deleted it from my phone, turned it off and then back on after a few minutes. After reinstalling the app, signing in and relinking the cards, I still can’t see borrowed and reserved items belonging to the linked accounts.
No problem with the SA app, which is very similar, but this VIC one doesn’t work well.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PUBLIC LIBRARIES VICTORIA NETWORK INCORPORATED
- 26.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 SOLUS UK Ltd