The Libraries Victoria App provides access to public library services for many libraries in Victoria, Australia.
Search the combined catalogue of all participating libraries, or login with your library membership to access the collections, services and resources offered by your local library. Manage your membership, renew your loans, place holds/reservations, and access ebooks and eaudiobooks and other online resources. Discover events and activities at your local library.
Sign into your App and use it as your library card. You can even add other family members to the App and manage their accounts in the one place!
Participating Libraries Victoria services are:
Buloke Shire Library;
Campaspe Regional Library;
Casey Cardinia Libraries;
Central Highlands Libraries;
City of Greater Dandenong Libraries;
City of Yarra Libraries;
Gannawarra Library Service;
Glenelg Shire Libraries;
Goulburn Valley Regional Library;
High Country Library Network;
Hobsons Bay Library;
Indigo Shire Libraries;
Latrobe City Library;
Melton City Libraries;
Mildura Rural City Council Libraries;
Moonee Valley Library;
Mornington Peninsula Library;
Swan Hill Regional Library;
Wellington Shire Libraries;
West Gippsland Libraries;
Wimmera Regional Library Corporation;
Wyndham City Library
Various minor fixes and enhancements, including:
Supports longer titles in the search display
Supports scanning QR codes in the library (where available)
Ratings and Reviews
Simplistic interface but slightly buggy
Really simple interface- so easy to use which is great!
Does have bugs such as:
1. Scanning your card when trying to log in brings up a letter on the beginning and end of the numerals making your card number incorrect- you cannot log in without manually removing the letters
2. The solution to not being able to log in is to contact a staff member. Would be SO much easier to include a reset/ forgot password fiction as opposed to slogging up to the local library
3. You cannot renew an item more than twice (even if no one else has reserved the item) and you must borrow again from scratch
4. If someone has put a hold on an item you have currently borrowed, you obviously cannot renew the item. However, the message doesn’t not say that, it comes up with a system error which is confusing
Super easy fixes right? 😊
Easy to use, works perfectly, Thank you!
“My Barcode” feature still not fixed
The “My Barcode” feature has, to my knowledge, never worked since the release of the app and remains unfixed. As another reviewer has mentioned, when your “My Barcode” barcode is scanned (whether at a self-checkout machine or with a handheld scanner), an extraneous letter is inserted into the barcode readout.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PUBLIC LIBRARIES VICTORIA NETWORK INCORPORATED
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 SOLUS UK Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.