Personalised Diets and Meal plans, food and exercise tracking, calorie counter and healthy recipes, all in one place. Get healthy and feel great with Lifesum!
** App of the Day for 2019 **
** Editors' Choice 2018 **
Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Achieve your health and weight goals through better eating:
- Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
- Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
- Gain a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
- Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
- Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
- Find healthier alternatives to your favourite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
- Follow a classic diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins and fats) tracked
- Easy tracking with bar code scanner
- Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
- Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
- Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetables, and seafood trackers
- Track your weight and waist measurements
- Save your favourites – create and save foods, recipes, meals and exercises (limited)
- Import and export your nutritional data, exercise data and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
- Widest variety of diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein etc.) and meal plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss etc.) to choose from
- Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
- Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
- Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fibre, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat and cholesterol), so you know you’re meeting the daily recommendations
- Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
- Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fibre,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
- Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customised recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
- Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) - excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
- Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit, Endomondo and Runkeeper
- Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s net for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (1, 3 and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
We fixed a few things to make Lifesum even more fun to use.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Want to lose weight? Gain muscle? Simply follow a healthier and more balanced diet? Lifesum can help with any or all of these goals, wrapping together delicious meal plans, detailed exercise tracking and even regular reminders to drink plenty of water. There are diets to suit a variety of goals, tonnes of trackable fitness activities and a friendly, supportive guide that keeps the science tucked away behind the scenes.
I’ve been using this app for about 6 months now, and just with the little nudges and encouragement it gives to eat the right amounts of the right things, and move more, I’ve managed to drop 4 pants sizes! I had never thought in the world of heavily monetised weight loss and fitness that it truly could ever be as simple as “eat less move more” (and it’s not really - it’s not eat less it’s eat the right amount!) but Lifesum has helped me learn that. 6 months in I find myself using the app a bit less, but that is because it has helped to teach me a better lifestyle where I don’t need to micro-track everything I eat to balance my day, but I’m still very reluctant to let my premium membership go because it has had so much of a massive impact on my life. Truly paradigm-shifting!
The only thing I wish it had that it doesn’t is recipes that are a bit more “family” friendly (as in stuff I had a snowball’s hope in hell of getting a picky 4 year old to eat with me!)
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback! That is highly appreciated!
We will forward your request to the responsible team.
I liked the app in the beginning because of its look, widgets and stuff, and got subscription but after using for 2 days I found that the app is full of bugs. First of all it doesn’t sync Fat % count, waist counts etc from Apple health, it only syncs with weight and bmi. Secondly the most annoying bug is that the widget and the app itself doesn’t sync properly. It shows one value (kal, protein, fat etc) in the app and shows different value on the widget sometimes (happens like 20-30 times a day, of course I didn’t exactly count but it happens a lot). This bug mostly happens when you worked out and burned calories, it doesn’t always take that into account in the widget but if you open the app and close it then the widget starts to show correct value again. Then if you lock your screen then sometimes (a lot) it goes back to old buggy numbers. This is a very basic test you should have done before releasing an update. Quality control team is not doing their job properly. You are charging people $10 per month (3 months membership) and giving this horrible experience. I might ask for a refund from apple but I just like the look of this app so much. So I’m still confused about asking for refund because I really want to use this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for leaving you feedback. We apologise for the issue you are experiencing. Please feel free and contact us with details, step description and screenshots at email@example.com so we can start investigating your issue. Please also include phone model, OS and Lifesum version. Thank you!
- Lifesum AB
- 225.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Lifesum
- In-App Purchases
- Lifesum Premium $14.99
- Lifesum Premium $69.99
- Lifesum Premium $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.