Like you, LIFX wants smarter light. This means we care about the way you control your smart lights, as much as we do about the lights themselves. We make it easy to get started with WiFi-enabled, bright, colorful smart lights that need no hub. Yep, you can start with just one device.
LIFX App 4 can not only help give you the best start, but will turn your experience “up to 11”. Automate your wake up Schedule, or set up your movie-watching Scene (then set up voice control so you don’t even have to leave the sofa), or play with Effects next time you’re entertaining.
The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
- Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
- Group personalisation: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalise Group cards with your own pictures.
- Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
- Effects: play with special effects like the music visualiser, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
- Scenes: set your lighting just the way you like it and save it for future.
- Themes: a library of one click colour combinations for a Group, from ‘Proud’ to ‘Soothing’.
- Paint: with your finger in the app, paint colour live onto your LIFX Z, Beam, Tile and Candle.
- Custom colour palettes: add your favourite colours to a custom colour palette.
- Discover Tab: find How To guides, learn about integration partners, or shop for LIFX
- and much more.
Example uses from our customers:
- Ambiance: schedule warmer light in the evening - to calm - and whiter light in the morning - to energise.
- “Moccupancy”: set irregular schedules to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
- Sleep: set your bedroom lights to deep red just before bed to produce more melatonin which helps you get better quality sleep.
- Stay put: you’ve settled into the sofa for a streaming binge but left the lights on. No need to jump up to the switch, just ask your voice assistant.
- Pet owners: if you’re unexpectedly late home from work, turn the lights on for your dog from wherever you are.
- Silent notifications: use partner apps to give you a light flash if… your car is arriving, or the forecast says it will rain, or you are mentioned on social media, and much more.
Best colour-changing smart bulb for HomeKit cnet
Pairing LIFX with Apple HomeKit is easy using the HomeKit onboarding QR code available in the product packaging.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFX lights are available at lifx.com
Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lights up my life
The new app (4) has made it worlds easier to use the app. I used to struggle with the way it was worded and the layout, I only have the one lightbulb but it showed up on the main page four times - it was confusing and I didn’t like dealing with it.
The layout is now super simple, I’ve had no issues with knowing what each section means as is it clear and easy to use and my light always connect perfectly. I’ve only used the new updated app for three hours but it is so much better than what was here before.
Highly recommend LIFX as a bulb also - I’ve had little to no issues since I installed them and with the new app, I’m sure installation of future bulbs will be even easier.
Holy moly you people do not want to be contacted!
I’ve tried via your app and website, I really have, but it seems to be impossible. So I’ll give you a bad review here and see if that does the job. Sorry, app developers. Probably not your fault, talk to your website people. Here’s what I was trying to tell you:
Hey! I hope you’re all well.
I think the app is great, and I love my lights. One suggestion, if I may. Favourites don’t seem to be very useful!
- Making one of my lights (room: Kitchen) a fave also seems to make my other light (room: Office) a fave. Weird, and probably a bug.
- But even if that worked, all that does is make the light a favourite *in that room*. Well it’s the only thing in the room! So that’s not really useful. What I need is a view which shows all of my favourites together. In my case, my two lights.
- Actually what I really just want is a view that shows all my lights on one page! I only have two. As it is, I have to flip between rooms to control them both and this is a waste of time.
Update! I got it working, but on my iPad I’m sure there’s a bug as it was showing both of my lights with the ‘favourite’ heart on, but they weren’t really on. After noticing that my iPhone did have both lights listed on the screen as a favourite, I deleted my favourites on iPad and started again. So this feature exists, but it’s kinda janky.
New app outshines the old one
The new redesign of the app is way better. It just makes everything more intuitive in making changes to rooms but also give you the flexibility of changing individual lights.
The scheduler is much more user friendly now and creating a schedule just makes sense. I never used to use it before this update because it was just confusing to use.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are glad to hear you are enjoying the app! We are always looking to improve the experience for our users, and really appreciate the feedback. If there are any ways you think we can improve on then please let us know via the link on our support site. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you continue to enjoy LIFX. Best regards, LIFX
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 175.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.